Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website for your interest

Hi everyone,

Here's a link to a website I've recently finished creating, mainly using Xtreme. Wonder whether people would like to give me some feedback? I'm afraid it doesn't contain the designed with Xara link at the bottom, as the customer wasn't keen on that.

http://www.thebestyou.co.uk/index.htm

I used the 'Finance' template, although it's been fairly heavily altered now. I prepared the form in the 'Get started' page in Dreamweaver MX, and inserted it via a place holder rectangle. I've used some stock photos from iStock photo, and some photographs which I've taken myself. I've retouched quite a few of the photos in Photoshop CS3.

It's been an interesting learning experience. I've found some things frustrating, such as having to edit the page containing the form before each upload, as it uses a style sheet to make the form look nice and also uses a Javascript file for validation. There was also a bug which meant the nav bar didn't work properly, so I ended up having to delete and recreate the whole nav bar, which was annoying. On the plus side, it made things a lot easier being able to add drop-shadows on the fly and to be able to draw and edit the text in the same package.

If there are any ladies viewing this page who would like a free makeover, then please feel free to upload your images (or pass the link along to your female friends).

Thanks,

Mermaid

Default Re: Website for your interest

Hi Mermaid,

I moved your thread to the correct forum for displaying your Xara Web Designer or Xara Xtreme created sites.

The Xara Web Gallery is moderated to allow us to check validity of submitted URLs before they are shown at TG.
    This helps us control spam and malicious sites.

Thanks

I wondered where my post had gone!

As I was discussing the technical aspects of creating the site, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Many thanks,

Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I wondered where my post had gone!

As I was discussing the technical aspects of creating the site, I wasn't sure where to put it.Many thanks,

Mermaid.
    Very good website anyway.

Looks well designed and professional. Nice job.

Thumbs up Re: Website for your interest

Very nice site. Professional and well thought out

My designed website with XWD was done in June 2009 and the address is:
    www.cliniquepierrejanet.com
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 February 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed non-xara created site URL

Hi Edge,

Please read the Forum sticky before you post in another members 'Xara Web Gallery' thread.

I have also removed the second URL showing your non-Xara (Serif) created site. You may post the Serif created site url in the Site Design and Publishing (non-Xara) board.