Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Soft Group" Button

How 'bout a button for "Soft Grouping"?
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Default Re: "Soft Group" Button

Well we have keyboard short cuts for both grouping and soft grouping don't see it any easier than that and its quicker with short cuts.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Well we have keyboard short cuts for both grouping and soft grouping don't see it any easier than that and its quicker with short cuts.
    Understood. I'd like a button. I'd like to keep the KB shortcuts too.

When I use my tablet, it's easier to click a button than it is to put the pen down to use the keyboard. (I use the group and ungroup buttons too, sometimes.)
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    That depends on whether you use keyboard shortcuts doesn't it. Personally I ALWAYS use the buttons - I can't remember what the keyboard shortcuts are - and since I never use them anyway, I haven't even tried to remember them!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well, going to arrange, apply soft group is not a button, it is easier to use than a key boart short cut when you using the mouse. But..........this is a big but cause I haven't tried it, but if you go to the windows / control bar / and choose the button pallet, you will see on the third line a button you can drag onto your existing toolbar (mark the selection as a soft group) and also (remove the selected items from a soft group) To drag these buttons onto an exisiting toolbar, hit the alt key and then click on the button and drag it to the toolbar.

Try this zuppy dude and I hope it is what your looking for..........frank

Correct Frank - the buttons already exist.

One thing to note though, they do not grey out when a SG is applied or removed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	softgroup-buttons.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	65549

Thanks Seagull. That's exactly what I was looking for. I swear, I looked on the Buttons Bar before I posted this; Rod Serling strikes AGAIN!

...and See... Wasn't that better than, "We don't need no stinkin' Buttons"?

Thanks for the graphic too, Sledge

Sows you how many times I use buttons it is a discipline you have to learn for AI either that you would have tear off tools all over the place. Still thing that is what your left hand for when you are using a Wacom.
    Design is thinking made visual.