Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Turn on the WINDOW Control Bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindowControlBar.gif 
Views:	291 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	5021  

OK, so this leaves them fewer things on my wish list:

- A zoom to 100% button
    - Remembering all recent zoom and pans, instead of toggling the current/previous zoom only
    - Saving current views within the Xara document, so you don't have to waste time setting views again
    - Configure keyboard shortcuts
    - A numeric readout/input for bitmap fills. For example, it would be useful to set a bitmap fill to its original size
    - Accented characters

Thanks!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Rubem Pechansky

I notice that if you apply a shadow, bevel, or contour to a shape, and then select the entire object, there's an inconsistency in the "document info" window. It states that the document contains a TOTAL of one object, but that TWO objects are selected. Possibly related to the unusual feature of this object in that a shadow and the shape it is applied to can't be ungrouped even though they are two objects. (?)

Bryan

Havn't had a chance to try this yet in XaraX but here's the bug. Has to do with the bitmap gallery.

Mainly has to do with folders that have a large quantity of gifs, jpg's, bmps etc...

1 . The bitmap gallery will not show JPEG's.

And more importantly...

2 . The gallery does not show bitmaps properly. It's not matching up bitmap names to the actual thumbnail. It is very frustrating using the bitmap gallery for reference when the previews don't match the actual bitmaps. Major flaw! I will find out if this has been fixed with XaraX.

3 . Bitmap & Gallery file editing option inlue of going back-n-forth between Xara & the Windows Explorer to edit or delete Xara & Xara bitmap files. C'mon give us a delete option!

I like the new tools but XaraX-beta is buggy. More lockups than a prison ward! It must have locked up 3 or 4 times today plus a couple reboots. OUCH!

W

<span style="font-family: 'MS Sans Serif', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-size: 14px;">
    <h3>Hi,</h3>

First of all, I am happy to see Xara X alive. This is the main graphic tool for me since version 1, and if Xara gets all the bugs fixed I'm sure it will be the main tool for years to come.</p>

I wonder if Xara will be able to fix all problems in Xara X before end of this month, but if they will not, that's no problem - main thing is to get a problem-free tool.</p>

My computer system is:
    <ul>
    [*]Windows 2000 (NTFS)
    [*]2 x P3600E
    [*]62GB EIDE storage + a SCSI system
    [*]512MB RAM
    [*]Elsa Gladiac GTS2 32MB
    [*]... and a LOT of other stuff...[/list]

Main problems with beta 1 and 2 so far have been:</p>
    <h3>Button and navbar tool</h3>

1. &quot;New&quot; removes bevel from objects.</p>

2. No redo for &quot;New&quot;</p>

3. Exporting two beveled objects:
    <blockquote>&quot;Access violation exception at offset 0x002019B0&quot;. </blockquote>
    This propably resulted from came from gallery import &quot;get clipart&quot; which launches simultaneously (after ten minutes before it seemed to be doing nothing, server down at first attempt?)</p>

4. Button state scheme needs buttons for quick state emulation. Menu is too slow to work with.</p>
    <h3>Export Slices</h3>

1. If you have a rectangle and a circle and the circle is inside the rectangle, it's ok for Xara X to slice. If you move the circle so that is partly outside the rectangle, you get a message</p>
    <blockquote>&quot;The named objects X and X2 overlap.
    Either move one of these
    or mark one as acceptable to slice up.&quot; </blockquote>

Why? Xara X should be able to slice the objects inside selection without any restrictions!</p>

Same problem if you create a buttonbar and put any other graphic behind it (layer under). This makes slicing useless. Just export all graphics on lower layers, too, along with the topmost exported object (and it's export settings), and slice the rest! This is what I do manually daily.</p>

2. What does &quot;mark one as acceptable to slice up&quot; exactly mean, if all selected objects _are_ named and ticked?</p>

3. After a cancelled export the cursor stays as an hourglass, but works like an arrow.</p>
    <h3>General problems</h3>

1. &quot;Del&quot; key does not work.</p>

2. Galleries windows just stopped updating their contents (you could see the changes only by scrolling or closing/opening). This happened after working with beta 2 a while.</p>

3. Beta 1: Importing Xara 2 export &quot;Windows metafile 16 bit&quot;, a very small shadowed button, too about 20 minutes and produced no object.</p>

4. Beta 1: &quot;Save As...&quot; has 5 times produced an error and lost my work. Coud this be either NTFS or SMP thread order bug?</p>
    <blockquote>(Document name typed as &quot;etusivu XARAX 2b&quot;, file type XARA document)
    <blockquote>&quot;An error occurred (file does not exist) when
    opening the file: etusivu XARAX 2b.gif&quot;</blockquote> then
    <blockquote>&quot;A write error occurred (file does not exist)
    with the file: etusivu XARAX 2b.gif&quot;</blockquote> then
    <blockquote>&quot;Internal program error 1149.PEJ&quot;</blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    I have not had enough time with beta 2 yet to see this error.

5. Shadow was printed misaligned (Epson Stylus Photo 750) </p>

Any comments?</p>

Pekka Saarinen

http://studio-on-the.net</p>
    </span>

[This message was edited by Pekka on October 07, 2000 at 03:19 AM.]

Rubem

I like your idea of a zoom history and a 100% button would also be useful, although the zoom factor drop-down already works with just a single click, scroll and release. I'm not sure what you have in mind about saving the view, because Xara currently does this. Do you mean saving the view history? I'd quite like the undo history to be saved in this way so that you could save your whole (or part) session and continue where you left off.

You can set the dpi of a bitmap fill using the Fill tool by clicking one of the fill arms and entering the value on the Infobar. If you've previously dragged the fill handles, the proportions will remain the same and the value you enter will apply to the longest arm. To totally reset a bitmap fill you have to temporarily select a flat fill then reselect the bitmap.

Xara supports accented / international characters using a CTRL key combination. See the help file for details.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Re: 5. Shadow was printed misaligned (Epson Stylus Photo 750)

Yes, I've also had this proplem. Printing on HP LaserJet. Looks ok on the screen - just doesn't print right!

Rubem

Apologies for missing your earlier posting, where it was apparent that you had already visited the international characters help page.

Xara may not be working correctly with your particular keyboard driver, however setting ...\UseDeadKeys to 0 should disable the accents, but only if you change the registry when Xara isn't running. Like many of its other registry entries, Xara loads the setting when it starts, writes it back when it closes, but ignores it in between. Also, make sure CTRL is the last key you release before typing the letter.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Having trouble printing large XaraX files(30 to 40 meg). Using Dell work station, NT4,400 meg, 256meg ram. Epson 3000 printer. Trying to print 16"X24". 1400 dpi.

Getting "Internal Program Error 359...I"

I could print these files fine using Xara 1.5.

Does XaraX have a "large file" feature in the .ini like 1.5 did?

There ara two features xara-users with Windows on dual-Screenmode could like: (eg. Matrox G400max)

1: Now you can take some galleries out of Xaras Window, but:
    you cannot draw it full to the other screen.
    If you take Xara to the second screen, the galleries apeear on the first one and cant be taken to the other one.
    2: Try to build a "Navigator" like in Photoshop with a little "Preview" of the dokument showing the space you see in the working-area, let it fly out of Xara´s Program-Window to make it possible for dual-screen-mode of WinME.
    Most CAD-Systems have such navigators and tey are very useful for power-users!!!!
    Xara always talks about the ability to be so fast, but that would be a big step to work much faster!!!