I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread for people to post any bugs or suggestions for this Public Beta release of Xara X.

xara.com requests that we email them of any bugs that we find, but I thought rather than 100 people send in the same thing, if we channel our efforts into this thread, it will be much more effective.

I'd like to start the ball rolling by mentionning the use of the "wheel" on my mouse. I have a cordless Logitech mouse and use Win98SE, but the same holds true for the Wacom Graphire mouse too, so imagine it is the same for MS rodents too.

I am delighted to see that I can now press "G" to jump to "Gill Sans" in the font list with the text tool, and even more delighted to see that I can use my beloved wheel to scroll though font entries. I see this as more useful than the shadow or bevel tools (brilliant though they are).

I can't, though, scroll through the Font Gallery, or any of the other Galleries (Colour etc) come to that, with my wheel. I'd quite like to see this introduced - I thought it was one of the first entries in the old forum's Feature Request mammoth threads.