Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My New Xara Sites and a question

The latest Xara upgrade was a huge break through for my home business and life. With the new Xara making websites is not only easier but now it is actually a lot of fun!

Question: Are there any major limitations to Xara 5's built in webmaker?
    So far I have not found any!

My new sites - Best viewed with Firefox (IE is not showing my forms properly)

http://www.Dotdancer.com

http://www.Soulidify.com

http://www.Steadfire.com

http://www.SteelWoolRocks.com

Default Re: My New Xara Sites and a question

I get an error on your second link. But the first site looks great.

If there are limitations, you will discover them as you go along.

The biggest limitation is probably website size. Larger sites create some problems when you export them from Xtreme.

Same here:
    -------------------------------------
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------

Also, the fourth link (steel wool) doesn't appear to be a Xara Web Designer or Xara Xtreme created website(checking the source) Maybe just the images done in Xtreme yeh?

However, nicely set out and illustrated sites.

Thank you for the feedback Priester and Sledger,

I took down a couple of the sites to troubleshoot. I am stumped. I can get Coffee Cup form to show up in IE for only one site.

Can I pay someone $25. bucks through paypal to help me figure it out.

The only site that shows a working form in IE is www.steadfire.com I contacted Coffee Cup Form builder company, this was their reply:

"I took a look at the code, and the editor you're using (Xara) is wrapping the object/embed tag within some special coding. This is causing the browser to try and load the SWF directly, instead of using object/embed for it. Our forms block direct access to the SWF files to help protect against spam bots, which is why you're seeing the "Cannot locate XML file" error message instead. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly how to fix this because the root of the problem is with Xara. You'll need to contact them and ask their support to help you track down the exact proprietary code that's trying to get around the object tag.

Oh and Yes I forgot - Steel Wool site was made in Xara 4 but launched with D Weaver.... I will redo it with XARA 5 now...thanks!

Hey someone gave me the code that fixed the IE issue! I can now use XARA and COffee CUp Form builder together! This is a huge breakthrough for my work flow!

I will post the results tomorrow... but for now if anyone is interested...my site should show a contact form in IE now. www.dotdancer.com

Thanks for all the great support!

Talking How to make your form apppear in IE

This is also posted in some other threads in this forum>

If your form appears in FFox but not in IE then just remove this line of code from the Xara htm page that has your form:

<!--[if IE]><script type="text/javascript">var xr_swfs=document.getElementsById("object");fo r(var i=0;i<xr_swfs.length;i++){xr_swfs[i].outerHTML=xr_swfs[i].outerHTML;}</script><![endif]-->

Easy Cheesey