Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Coreldraw 12 windows update problem

I installed several windows updates yesterday.

When I started working on a coreldraw 12 drawing. I noticed that it lagged very badly when working in wireframe mode. It only does this if I have a bitmap in the background. Before the updates I had no problems with this same file.

Any clues to what I can do to remedy this?

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Coreldraw 12 windows update problem

Hi, once in a while I get the same problem, seems to bog waaaay down despite the quad-core computer I'm working with. This is a very simple question - did you restart the computer after updates?
    Naturally a bitmap will slow any computer down to a certain degree, and of course the slower the computer the worse. What about filled mode (not wireframe)? Same thing?

Perhaps this is why some of us adopt the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' clause..... Just kidding of course, I'm not at all against updates, but I've also had a somewhat major problem with a recent Vista update.......
    IP

I have restarted my machine since downloading the updates.

The drawing doesn't lag in any mode except wireframe. Unfortunately that is the mode I use 75% of the time.

Thanks
    IP

Save your settings you may have made to customize your workspace. You could try holding down F8 on boot. This will reset DRAW to default, then you can import your saved workspace settings.

Windows may have some Registry problems. You could try something to repair that. You could also check that you don't have spyware.

I had a problem recently which caused DRAW to crash repeatedly. I was working on a newsletter. I had imported .jpegs the customer sent to me. I had changed them to .cpt. I think they were corrupted. When I changed them to .tif, the problems went away. For what it is worth.
    IP

Why not upgrade to x4. EBay has the full suite listed $50.00-$100.00 new unregistered?
    IP

Sorry about the delay in my reply. Our tech guy at work was able to resolve the problem for me.

When we downloaded the windows update they included a new nvidia driver, this turned out to be the problem. We simply opened the nvidia control panel and set it to use the previous driver.

Apparently the newest driver from the nvidia site was also not quite as compatible with our old version of corel, so we are sticking with old one.

Thanks for the help!
    IP

Primativ,
    If I may ask, what driver version (nvidia) are you using? For our graphics computer, we use a quad core with an nVidia 8600GT card. In most of the designing programs (including CD X4), there is a serious refresh problem. The screen refreshes constantly, it seems the harder/more I work on it the more it "refreshes", i.e. the screen whites out for a splitsecond. Gets real annoying. Do you have that problem at all? FWIW, I run XP Pro 32 bit. Thanks!
    IP