Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Upload Timing Out

Sorry but I posted this a long time ago and never got an answer on it. So I am posting again in hopes that someone has a fix. My site now has a lot more pages then it did when I ask this question before and sometimes it takes me a couple of hours before I finally get it to upload without timing out. here is my origninal questions which still holds:

"I have a site I devellopped with WebDesigner, it now has 9 pages and when I publish it allways times out 3 or 4 times then when it finally goes it usually takes 10 to 12 minutes to upload. When I use WSFTP it uploads allways between 2-3 minutes and allways goes immediately. so I do not beleive the timing out is due to my host but due to Webdesiners way of uploading. I prefer using Webdesigner to publish because I feel it is putting everything in the right place. Is there a fix to stop the time out operation and to speed up the upload for Xara Webdesigner. If you need to check the site it is http://www.hawaiianshorescommunity.com . thank you for your time. Andre"
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Default Re: Upload Timing Out

Hi Andre.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for Web Designer related questions.

Thanks

Thank you sledger. I am using Xtreme Pro 5, no longer Webdesigner. It is while I am using xtreme that I get this Upload timing out all the time. Why isn't anyone answering this question, am I the only one with that problem?

Andre please see the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...hlight=timeout

Download XaReg and Debug View.

Post the results from Debug View so we can see what is happening to your ftp connection.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What is your dial-up connect speed?

What I would suggest is to publish your website to a folder on your desktop. Use an FTP application to upload your files a few at a time until you have all your files on your site.

Hi Andre,

First time I've seen this problem but even with a 3rd party ftp program (CuteFTP Pro) I had a similar problem 1 time.

I just cleaned the site (deleted all the files) and uploaded again using Cuteftp. worked like a charm the second time round.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I have a couple of websites that are over 10MB (20+ pages) and I use ftp995 which is much faster (than using xp5) and not so hard on my laptop's resources.

If I just could remember to export after making changes before ftp the site ;-)

Tom

Cool Re: Upload Timing Out

Thank you for the suggestions that works using ftp, I used wsftp95 and it flew. This really indicates a problem with XARA, we should not have to do this. Hopefully XARA will fix this in future updates. You are right, I forgot to update my files first so had to redo it but it worked great. Don't like to mess with my register at all, that usually messes up something else along the way so would rather stay away from that. Thanks to all.