Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web pages not able to be resized by dragging!

I just re-opened a multi-page web I've been working on for a while and tried to re-size a page by dragging the bottom edge but the cursor doesn't change to a drag indication, neither bottom or right side. Opened some other webs and same thing. I can resize by changing size in page properties but something's wrong. I closed XX5 and re-opened, same thing. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Web pages not able to be resized by dragging!

I have found on many of my pages the resize indicator appears only momentarily - a quick flash that is almost impossible to catch.

I've never had a problem with it until today. Always changed and stayed changed until I moved the pointer away.

Still having the same problem. I rebooted to see if it made a difference but it didn't. Any suggestions at all?? I really need this feature, and it appears this is the only thing not working.
    I also have Web Designer 5.0.1 installed. Tried that program and the resizing works correctly. ATTN DEVELOPERS: SHOULD I RE-INSTALL THE PROGRAM? DON'T WANT TO GO TO THAT EXTREME IF THERE'S ANOTHER OPTION TO TRY FIRST. I'm using XX version 5.1.1.9166.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 04 September 2009 at 10:11 AM.

I solved my problem! Somehow the "magnetic snap radii" in mouse options changed itself to 0 (I didn't change it, I don't even know what magnetic snap radii means). I've also have had the "nudge size" setting change itself to zero when sizing a drawing up too big, but I would get an error message telling me something like the size needs to be greater than zero, even though it was unchanged.
    Still love the program. Hope this helps someone else!

Jim

Thanks Jim, it reminded me to check my settings. I had recently been unable to move guide lines once they were pulled from the rulers. The magnetic snap radii for Line was 0, causing the problem with the guide lines. Probably would have exhibited as not being able to resize the page, if I had tried that.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Another good thing that came from this was I found there's a new version of XaReg (which is awesome) and Xrof (which is just as good). I've been working on multiple versions of multiple files for the last several weeks and Xrof shows me a thumbnail of each so I find the specific version of a file I'm looking for without having to open several to locate it.
    Thanks!!

Jim