Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't get exported animation to start to fullfaced

If anyone can tweek this file so the animation starts and ends "Full Faced" to the button (at 0,0,0) , I would appreciate it.... along with an explanation of how you did it. I tried both GIF and AVI. GIF is the preferred format.

Note, if the text on page 2 is deleted, then the animation exports as one would expect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 03 September 2009 at 07:01 AM.

Default Re: Can't get exported animation to start to fullfaced

I don't think it can be done from within X3D John. If you have 2 pages then each page (front face only) needs to rotate 180 degrees so it always starts side on.

It would be possible to import it into XX and alter the frame layout. Yes, you can do it that way.

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The amended xar file.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you for the advise. Never even consider editing in Xara.

I guess also make a "Wish List" posting ofr X3D to handle to deal with this.

Thanks again and I liked what you did with the waterlevel ... smart.

John

Didn't ask whether you wanted this animation public John. If you don't I'll remove the swf.
    Egg

Probably best to remove the whole darn thread.

Egg, you must have thought I was nuts in my statement above about the water.

My X3d screen was at 250 x 250 so the background tiled perfectly when I made my animation. I didn't realize (or wasn't thinking straight) that when I opened the model later on this morning that its positioning relative the X3d screen will change unless the X3d screen is the same size with which I originally created the model.

Too bad there is not an option when saving a file to remember the window size and force that size when reopened again.

===================================

By the way my work around in powerpoint was export one static PNG of the first frame. Then save out a continously rotating animated GIF.

I brought in the static PNG into PowerPoint. Next imported the animation and moved animation behind the static frame. In PPT applied a fadeout on the static frame via a Mouse click and applied a fadein to the continuous animation triggered automatcally a fraction of a second or two after the fadeout starts. Looked pretty good; the effect was the animated GIF began rotating just as that static image was fading out. Not a perfect transistion but close enough.

Again, thanks for your insite.

John
    Last edited by jclements; 04 September 2009 at 12:22 AM.