Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well, this is a hotkey setup that I found on the web a few months back, posted by a user known as Xtrude... anyways, I have used this hotkey setup since then and wow on how much this has assisted my overall workflow/speed of modeling....

" most of these hotkeys are the same no matter the mode, v/e/f, and smart highlighting is enabled of course. "

To set your hotkeys, simply right click on the menu's, or where applicable go up into the top menus, and... when you have moused over whatever op you are looking for, and when that selection is highlighted in blue, instead of clicking on said op, hit the "insert" key while op selection is still highlighted blue and then you simply hit the key you wish as the hotkey.... You can and should assign the same key first in say face mode, then in edge mode, then in vert mode.... in some instances you may be prompted with a pop up suggesting said key is already assigned, and asking if you would like to reassign this key... say yes/ok, and continue....

F1 = move normal
    F2 = move x
    F3 = move y
    F4 = move z

F5 = extrude region normal ( I use this as extrude most of the time unless I specificaly require the seperations extrude delivers )
    alt/F5 = extrude normal
    F6 = extrude x
    F7 = extrude y
    F8 = extrude z

F9 = scale uniform
    F10 = scale x
    F11 = scale Y
    F12 = scale z

- = rotate x
    = = rotate y
    = rotate z

h= bump
    I = inset
    Shift/b = bevel

alt/I = similar

m = VM create
    n = VM freeze
    alt/n = VM break

g = default ring selection
    L = defaultloop selection
    k = loop cut

; = previous loop
    ' = next loop

, = select less
    . = select more

j = bridge
    p = put on

u = undo

The rest are basicaly default, as in

v = vert mode
    e = edge mode
    f = face mode
    b = body mode
    c = connect
    0-9 = cut edges in how many segments
    s = subdivide
    spacebar deselect ( and I love that the selections remain until otherwise clicked out )

delete = delete

and still right click for some remaining ops on the menu's

---------------------------

this is not as advanced a set of hotkeys as some may have set up, which utilize many different multi key and mouse strokes for whatever, instead, what I have found is like Xtrude has suggested, this setup is right in the mid comfort zone....

no more right click menu slipups for most ops, the f keys are really easy to get used to, and the rest are pretty straight forward once you get used to them....

and, for those of you who are even slighlty intimidated by hotkey useage, I suggest that you should really give this a go anyway... you will surprise yourself at just how fast you are able to pick this up, and from there it is smooth sailing... try it and see.... modeling with wings has never been so much fun or quick...

Well, this is a hotkey setup that I found on the web a few months back, posted by a user known as Xtrude... anyways, I have used this hotkey setup since then and wow on how much this has assisted my overall workflow/speed of modeling....

" most of these hotkeys are the same no matter the mode, v/e/f, and smart highlighting is enabled of course. "

To set your hotkeys, simply right click on the menu's, or where applicable go up into the top menus, and... when you have moused over whatever op you are looking for, and when that selection is highlighted in blue, instead of clicking on said op, hit the "insert" key while op selection is still highlighted blue and then you simply hit the key you wish as the hotkey.... You can and should assign the same key first in say face mode, then in edge mode, then in vert mode.... in some instances you may be prompted with a pop up suggesting said key is already assigned, and asking if you would like to reassign this key... say yes/ok, and continue....

F1 = move normal
    F2 = move x
    F3 = move y
    F4 = move z

F5 = extrude region normal ( I use this as extrude most of the time unless I specificaly require the seperations extrude delivers )
    alt/F5 = extrude normal
    F6 = extrude x
    F7 = extrude y
    F8 = extrude z

F9 = scale uniform
    F10 = scale x
    F11 = scale Y
    F12 = scale z

- = rotate x
    = = rotate y
    = rotate z

h= bump
    I = inset
    Shift/b = bevel

alt/I = similar

m = VM create
    n = VM freeze
    alt/n = VM break

g = default ring selection
    L = defaultloop selection
    k = loop cut

; = previous loop
    ' = next loop

, = select less
    . = select more

j = bridge
    p = put on

u = undo

The rest are basicaly default, as in

v = vert mode
    e = edge mode
    f = face mode
    b = body mode
    c = connect
    0-9 = cut edges in how many segments
    s = subdivide
    spacebar deselect ( and I love that the selections remain until otherwise clicked out )

delete = delete

and still right click for some remaining ops on the menu's

---------------------------

this is not as advanced a set of hotkeys as some may have set up, which utilize many different multi key and mouse strokes for whatever, instead, what I have found is like Xtrude has suggested, this setup is right in the mid comfort zone....

no more right click menu slipups for most ops, the f keys are really easy to get used to, and the rest are pretty straight forward once you get used to them....

and, for those of you who are even slighlty intimidated by hotkey useage, I suggest that you should really give this a go anyway... you will surprise yourself at just how fast you are able to pick this up, and from there it is smooth sailing... try it and see.... modeling with wings has never been so much fun or quick...

and the latest release of Wings3D just got the Slide edge tool included in the right click edge mode menu...

Yup, that's right... just select an edge, or edge loop, then right click and choose "slide"...

and for those of you who have tried out this hotkey setup here, well... same same, right click edge mode menu, highlight the "slide" option, hit insert key, and try binding to say alt/s for instance, as that's what I have done and it is easy to remember for said function, easy to hit the keys, and works like a charm...

Wings3D .98.22 download page...

Have fun

and for those of you who have not tried this hotkey setup, what the heck are yas waiting for... it's really easy to set up, takes but only a few minutes... you have many of these hotkeys already as default, and the rest here are set up fairly logically, and wow does it ever improve your modeling speed when using this setup... try it and see for your selves...