Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default exporting frames back to PSP from animation shop

Hi, I did a quick search on the forum, but there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer which works.
    I am testing something on a friends computer which has PSP 10 installed, and we just installed Animation Shop 3.11.
    I did an animation of 18 frames and want to export the frames back to PSP so I can put a border on ... however, the "export frames back to PSP" icon is greyed out, as is the file > export frames option...
    I have checked the preferences and they are correct... I have restarted both PSP and AS, nothing has changed.
    So I took the file back to MY computer where I have version 11.2 installed, and in my AS, everything is there, I CAN export the frames back.
    I have done some research and it seems that this is a known problem with version 10.. does anyone PLEASE have the answer ??
    Cheers
    Win
    IP

Default Re: exporting frames back to PSP from animation shop

OK, I'm answering my own question here, but thought I would post it in case anyone else has the same problem later on.
    I remembered that you need an earlier version of PSP installed (the jasc versions, even though you won't be using it) for all of Animation Shop to work properly with the later versions .
    I installed 9 and now AS works perfectly, with the "export frames back to PSP" showing up active as it should be,and they open in version 10, as we wanted.
    Thanks anyway.
    WinB
    IP

I thought That having 8 or 9 might be the trick as a Friend was having the same problem and nothing she did would make it work She put ( back on but I still would not Export to psp x. Note you do have to have both Ani shop and Psp x open at the time
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by WinB View Post
    OK, I'm answering my own question here, but thought I would post it in case anyone else has the same problem later on.
    I remembered that you need an earlier version of PSP installed (the jasc versions, even though you won't be using it) for all of Animation Shop to work properly with the later versions .
    I installed 9 and now AS works perfectly, with the "export frames back to PSP" showing up active as it should be,and they open in version 10, as we wanted.
    Thanks anyway.
    WinB
    Hey,thanks for the info.

Does PSP 9 work in ur OS?Mine is Vista,so wondering whether it would work!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by kerma View Post
    Hey,thanks for the info.

Does PSP 9 work in ur OS?Mine is Vista,so wondering whether it would work!
    It will work in any Windows but It will not display fancy graphics effects in the task bar while it running. That reverts to Classic view.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    It will work in any Windows but It will not display fancy graphics effects in the task bar while it running. That reverts to Classic view.
    Thanks for the reply Trev.

One more Q if u don't mind please,

if I download PSP 9 and even if i never open or use it,would export frames to PSP be highlighted in AS?And can the frames be exported to PSP X2 instead of 9?Cos i have read on the corel website that PSP X2 and AS 3 are not compatible!
    IP

I am using X3 and I can export from animation shop to paintshop pro And if X£ is open that where they appear. In X£ i can drag the update back from unused commands onto the file export and X3 update back

One person I know who knows her way around PSP could not get the export to PSP to work (PSP X)and we thought maybe it needed psp 9 or 8 but that still did not work But that did not work But when she got X2 and without 9 it worked fine.
    I also have a bound script that can open Animation shop from inside X3
    HTML Code:
    http://www.trevorbowden.co.uk/openanimationshop.zip
    You may need to edit the path if its not the same on your computer
    IP

Sorry,I don't know much abt all this stuff,but opened ur link and then in PSP but it said an error or something!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by kerma View Post
    Sorry,I don't know much abt all this stuff,but opened ur link and then in PSP but it said an error or something!
    The script has to be placed in your Trusted scripts folder

# Edit the RunCommand call below. Save the script with
    # a meaningful name (e.g. Run Command Charmap.PspScript)
    #
    # Caution: This is a trusted script. You can
    # shoot yourself in the foot with it.
    # Use with care.
    #
    # Format:
    # RunCommand(command name or full path, optional arg1, optional arg2, etc.)
    #
    # If the path or arguments contain backslashes "\", place an "r" at the
    # beginning of the string to prevent Python from treating it as a special
    # character.
    #
    # Examples:
    # RunCommand('notepad', 'somefile') # Start notepad with somefile
    # RunCommand('notepad') # Start a blank notepad
    # RunCommand('charmap') # Start the windows character mapper
    # RunCommand(r'C:\blah\whatever.exe') # Start whatever with an explicit path
    #
    # EDIT THIS:RunCommand(r'C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Animation Shop 3\Anim.exe')

That red part has to be the same path as your Animation shop .exa.

Then do customize scripts Chose an icon the in the bind box browse to the script and click bind
    Now drag the icon to somewhere on a menu or tool bar I used File Export and added it there.
    Then Right click on the icon and chose menu text from the list
    IP

Thanks Trev but that looks scary!

Got the reply from Corel and they mentioned it won't be working with the new versions.

And gave in and downloaded PSP 9 and am looking to make something like this
    http://i45.tinypic.com/a3yzv6.jpg
    Any suggestions cos when I added a texture or a brush to every frame the animation was all over the place!
    Last edited by kerma; 23 July 2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Link added
    IP