Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Print Across Multiple Pages

Does anyone know how I can print a banner across multiple pages? Xara is easy to use, and I am trying to print out some verses I can transfer to pieces of wood for carving. Anyone have an idea. I thought Xara would be able to do this, but I have worked on this through the afternoon and can't figure out how I might be able to accomplish this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Print Across Multiple Pages

Your printer driver might help you there. Also depending on what version your are using export as a multi-page PDF with printer reg points so that you can assemble the pages later on your wood.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You could make the verbe in xara and resize parts of your text to fit an a4
    simply cutup the txt and place on a single page.
    then print all pages.
    tape the sheets of paper together and use some transfering paper to put the text on the wood.

Hans

Some of this depends on the actual amount of the page your printer can print to. If you enable Show Print Borders (Window > Short Print Borders) you can see how much of the page will print. Usually there is some margin around the page that is not printable.

You could create a page the size of your banner, then break it down into page sizes. Print each page and then paste the pages together.

I find it practical to have a small overlap between the pages, say each right edge, and assemble the pages starting from the left. If you organise your pages well you can avoid having to split letters between pages.
    Tony

Thank you all for your responses. This is such a great group of people on this forum. Thanks for the help with this. All very good tips.