Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Opening cdr file and can't see image

I have the boxed set of T-Shirts 1500 to 1 and the "Book Street Evolution" files I can't open in Corel 11. I'm on a Mac. There are 10 files and each one has 10 images in them. I was successful opening other .cdr files on my mac.
    IP

Default Re: Opening cdr file and can't see image

If the .cdr files were created with one of the more recent versions of Corel Draw, version 11 most likely cannot read many of the records.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Welcome to TG Forums offtheroad,

I tried googling for information about those sets, but could only find sites offering warez downloads

My question is, are the files you have designed to be opened in version 11 (2002) of CorelDraw?

Edit: Bill jumped in while I was googling
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    If the .cdr files were created with one of the more recent versions of Corel Draw, version 11 most likely cannot read many of the records.
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm using version 11. There were other .cdr files I could open about 30% of the. I have 9GB RAM but some of the single cdr files timed out and corel couldn't open them. But these file that look like there are 10 images per file the app opens but no images show up.
    IP

Yes I understood that you have version 11. What I am saying is if the .cdr files you are trying to open were created with version 12 or 13 (X3), or 14 (X4) your program will not know how to read some records within the .cdr.

This is why you may not be able to see anything. New features cannot be read and correctly rendered in an older version of the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP