Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I am wondering whether to get MenuMaker.
    Can others here tell me how flexible the allowed positioning on a page is?
    Are there limitations to how the menu is positioned on the page? Are all the following allowed in MenuMaker?
    a) positioned fixed at top left of browser window
    b) positioned below a graphic (eg logo), left aligned
    c) positioned below a graphic, where both the graphic and the menu are aligned to appear in the horizontal centre of the page regardless of window size

I saw someone else's post say that the menu code goes into a table cell. Can you position it centred or right-aligned in that cell?

Are small changes to a menu simple to make live? That is to say, do you only have to re-upload the js file and any affected graphics?

Thanks in advance

zeitgeist

Hi,

You could position menumaker anywhere on the screen using a <Div> and then attach a class to the div. The class would need to contain absolute positioning but you could place the menu anywhere you like. I have attached some sample code. I will include it all so if you know some of this already please accept my apologies.

Place this in the head of the HTML page:

<LINK REL="StyleSheet" HREF="Styles.css" TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="screen">

Then add a div wrapping around the javascript code:

<DIV CLASS="POS">
    <script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script menumaker src="dimpletab.js"></script>
    </DIV>

Please note that the Div has a class and I will show you where to add this after we create the CSS file.

Create a file using a text editor and save it as styles.css.

Open the file and add this line of code:

.POS
    {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    }

This will position the menu top left of the screen. Save the file and run the HTML page, all you have to do is change the values for top and left to position it where you like.