Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How about a competition for new Xara UI?

Hi all.
    I am a heavy Xara user and just have not found any other software to beat Xara Xtreme Pro.
    However it is no secret at all that Xara´s user interface is not at all any match for software itself. So how about a challenge to design some really awesome UI icons to replace this poor dinosaur? Pick the winning one to implement it to next version of Xara?

It is all about design!
    Any comments?

Just my 2 cents
    Cheers!
    xart72

Default Re: How about a competition for new Xara UI?

Quote Originally Posted by xart72 View Post
    Hi all.
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by xart72 View Post
    However it is no secret at all that Xara´s user interface is not at all any match for software itself.
    I like the Xara Xtreme interface, (most of) the buttons and icons are descriptive and easily show what they would do when clicked on.

For the rest there is a great big gap in the middle for all your vector designs and that is great because after all that is the entire purpose, to create designs.

I'm sure there must be room for improvement here and there (I still find the color line weird after all these years...)
    So I do get your point but maybe it's best to start with examples of other software that you feel look better or have certain options in an easier location to use.
    Is it mostly the icons on the left that should get changed?

Hi there and thanks for your reply!
    I was thinking about this idea to gather together some awesome UI design master pieces and yes icons also. Xara´s UI still look like it is from last decade. Not just my opinion! Just read some reviews -everytime user interface. It has it downside because many vector professionals will avoid it because it looks like a toy. No matter how excellent software itself is...And they prefer to stick with illustrator.

This kind of competition could possibly bring new clients from seasoned -say Illustrator users to try they luck here at TG...

All in all it could lead to something more innovative thinking when everyone is trying their best to create a fancy looking UI.

Cheers!
    Xart72

If you'd like to run a Graphics forum Challenge here at TG you should start with an example.

Please also note that a challenge cannot be a debate, if you would prefer to generate a discussion about Xara software UI's and reviews - please post in the correct forum.

Thanks