Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pop up photo behavior please help

I pulled a rounded square from the photo gallery designs onto my project. (it was the one with 4 square images). I ungrouped to use one. I placed them as a trial to see what they would be like used as a pop up photo (which is new to me). I cannot attach a .web for reference as I am not near my program.

My question is, when I look at preview or even the Live test site, I can only click the thumbnail rounded square image pop up Directly in the center of the picture and No where else. Is this the behavior they automatically have or can you resize the parimeter of where to click on the entire image & square to open a pop up image.
    Best I can do is leave a link to the active test site.

http://www.future.eyescreamjewelry.c...Dark_Icons.htm

Click on one of the small rounded square image thumbnails. If you hover over before clicking you can see that it will only be active to pop up Directly in the center of the image and no where else on the image. Is there a way to adjust this.

Also, I noticed I cannot copy and paste one of these rounded square photo gallery images to repeat on a page within the document. Because if I try to replace the image in just One thumbnail, they all automatically change the image in all that have been copied. I was just trying to save myself some time by copying and pasting the same thumbnail so I could have them all be uniform in size and color. But found that I have to keep dragging a new set of 4 from the photo gallery designs, Ungrouping and then resizing/coloring etc. Is this also something that only functions in this way & cannot be copied because of it?

I realize that someone may ask why I don't just create my own square for the image to start... but I really want a rounded edge square shape with a definate line border around it that you could see. I noticed there is only a Rounded Rectangle Single shape in photo shapes and not a rounded Square. And just don't know how to do a rounded edge square on my own. Not skilled with that one tool in the web designer (forgot the name of the tool.. S shaped sort of drawing thing, which I am Terrible with.)

thanks in advance.

Default Re: pop up photo behavior please help

I think I remember reading that if you hold down the CTRL key while dropping the photo into the frame, it will only copy it into that frame only.
    I can't help on the other issue with regards to the center vs. the outer portion of the photo.

"I think I remember reading that if you hold down the CTRL key while dropping the photo into the frame, it will only copy it into that frame only."

merlin, ok, I will test that out....

would still love to hear if anyone can advise me with the pop up on Whole thumbnail. Thanks.

Last edited by Eyescream; 27 August 2009 at 09:27 AM.

Please post your .web or .xar file so that we can see what's happening.

I think this is what you are asking.

Reduce your image to a thumbnail size.

In the Web Properties > Links section, select Popup Photo and specify a maximum width for the popup image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup-link.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	65225  

gw. I know how to resize the overall popup photo. The issue I am having is if you let's say Drag a set from the Photo objects in the Designs gallery, and lets say, make any of the images to be a Pop Up picture. When you Hover over the thumbnail image on the website, right before you click it to open the pop up photo... you can Only click the Very center of the photo and no where else on the photo to open the pop up.

Sledger, I cannot offer a .web, not on the right computer that has the program. Plus, what I am asking can be created in any .web document, just by adding the Butterfly Photo Panel from the photo objects in the Designs gallery. Ungroup, resize to whatever size. Place image. Web properties popup layer connected to the Popup photo layer I created. I have all appropriate layers not visable or visable in the layers scheme as directed in tut's and forum info. Clickable area is 'Rectangle Surrounding object which was the default. I did try to see Export & preview website as clickable area 'shape of object' but not sure if that would change in preview mode rather than Live. Both attempts yielded the same. Only the very center of the photo thumbnail was Clickable for the popup.

As seen on the site:

http://www.future.eyescreamjewelry.c...Dark_Icons.htm

I just want to see if the Butterfly Photo panel from the Photo objects within designs gallery... can allow any of the clickable thumbnails to be clicked on Anywhere on the image to open the popup. Rather than Just the center.
    As some people may be in a rush when visiting a site and may not want to get so technical as to have to focus on the center of thumbnails image in order to open then.

If this is something that cannot happen with any of the photo objects or Rounded Square photo objects from the butterfly photo panel. Then I may have to just add my image as a thumbnail and forgo the already created Rounded square shapes with nice rounded outlines.

thanks.

Have you placed something over the thumbnails that prevents responding to a mouse click except in the center?

You cannot have any object, even a transparent one, over another object on the page and have it respond to mouse clicks.

Providing a .web or .xar file that exhibits a problem is the most expeditious way to help track down an issue.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks Soquili, i don't think there is a transparency over it, but I will check it out just in case and try to post the .web later tonight when I get on the computer that has the doc/program.

Thanks.

All the tests I have performed using the Butterfly thumbnails respond as soon as the mouse pointer is within the first pixel any where around the image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It would REALLY help if you attached the .web or .xar file.
    When I hover over either of the center icons (2 women or earrings) it's actually clickable in a rectangular area all the way from left to right and from the center to about half way to the top of the icon.

Jim