Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does Xara software offer photogallery component?

Egg: Xara is REVERED by me...I have used Xara Webstyle#3 for yeeaars and have done MILLIONS of banners and other buttons, used the photo filters etc. It's the best thing I've found. As for FrontPage vs. Xtreme, I was wondering since I have THOUSANDS of images archived, throughout some 32 different sub domains within my site PLUS other portfolios, sample and biography pages, it would be simpler for me to maintain all of this IF I could possibly incorprate any Xara function as an add-on (see attachment of recent screenshot I took) as FP does work closely with Xara in many of it functionality that's offered.
    It would be another learning curve to totally abandon what I have done thus far with FP, strip the entire site and re-write everything from scratch...hope you understand...not to mention I've incoprated alot of special cells and tables to accomodate affiliate marketing ads I've got going to Goog. Rest assured, Xara is a tool I've recommended to many fellow cartoon people and other web designers....it is simply my wondering if or how I could incorporate some type of Xtreme fi=unctionality into an add on...I have really appreciated the input in this thread....thank you, I mean it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egg.gif 
Views:	76 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	65118  

I think as Frontpage has since been replaced by Expression Web, FP support by third party vendors in recent release software is no longer viable?

Sledger: As Billy Joel says: "you may be right, I may be crazy . . . "

Hi again Dan, I've owned Webster but must admit I've never used it. If your current site set up works then that's great. The only point I'm trying to make is you can't mix the two (unlike you could with webster). If you want to create a new version of your site then it's easy in XX and all you need is placeholders for your google ads (At least I think so, I've never used them).

Why not give XX a trial run, you can produce a mirror site to your current one. I believe the trial XX still works for 1 month.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, that song is going to bounce around inside of my head for the rest of the day

Glad the song will drive you crazy Sledger. By the way Egg....look at html behind my current www.danscartoons.com and want to see what you think of my idea. Could I buy Xara web editor, launch it and simply copy all my existing HTML from old Front page site and paste into new page layout with Xara web editor open? In essence, I'd delete the old photogallery and implement the code steps that Egg mentioned in the "back/next setup" to display my images that way? I realize I could use Xara modules for some stuff via FrontPage, but then would have my work residing on another server anyway . . . . curious...

AND...what's the best/simplest WYSIWYG editor? Xtreme? Or Web Designer?

Remember that XWD or Xtreme 5 are not HTML editors.

You can add code snippets via placeholders, but the rest of your site design doesn't exist as HTML until you export it.
    You cannot open pre existing HTML pages in XWD or Xtreme.

XWD (Xara Web Designer) is all you need if you are only interested in Web Design.
    Xara Xtreme 5 includes *all* of Xara Web Designer plus the drawing and illustration tools of Xara Xtreme.

Hi,
    I am interested in this thread and when looking at the example file in Preview mode everything works exactly as it should but when I look at the Web Propierties Placeholder tab in Xara 5 there is nothing in the Replace with HTML area....I thought this was where the <iframe> information went. Have I got this wrong?

Many thanks,

Peter Walder

Peter, select the 'Group' in the mouseoff layer (Xtreme Pro 5 only) - or move the transparent top object off the grey rectangle then select the grey rectangle to see the <iframe code in Xtreme 5 std
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iframe-cartoons.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	65129  

Ah! - thanks. I understand now.

Peter W