Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mouse over text

Default Mouse over text

Hi, I am trying to get some shadowed text to change colour on mouse over....

I've copied the original text to a new layer and I have set the original text\layer to pop up the new text\layer on mouse over. It works, BUT the original text doesn't disappear, so the effect looks messy. I think I need the orignal text to disappear on mouse over to make this work properly, but I can't see how that would be done.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    supaJ68

Default Re: Mouse over text

To the popup layer, add some shape behind the mouseover text and give it the same fill color as your main page.

thanks for the response but I can't get that to work.....

the text sits over a web page header made up from
    i.) a semi transparent rectangle which sits over ii.) a rectangle with a semi transparent pattern.

As there are several other text and pictures that sit on the web page header I'm not sure that copying all these images into another layer will work very well...?

Is there a way of making the original text disappear on mouse over rather than overlaying?

J

J

Use a MouseOver layer. The MouseOver layer will replace the Mouse Off (Layer 1) text.

A popup layer is just a layer that pops up and it only blocks out what is underneath.

Welcome supaJ68

Use a MouseOver layer. The MouseOver layer will replace the Mouse Off (Layer 1) text.
    Unfortunately this isn't the case Gary, the mouse off layer remains visible and the mouse over layer appears on top of it. Therefore if you use transparencies, such as those used by shadows, the underlaying graphic is still visible and you get a mix of the two colours instead of just the mouse over shadow colour.

If you can't use Boys excellent suggestion then how about changing the colour of the non transparent text rather than that of the shadow colour.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 August 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: Mouse over text

Thanks to all for your help.

I've used Egg Bramhill's suggestion (the file attachment provided made a very clear!)
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 August 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: correcting smiley link