Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default editable line gradients

I want to create a gradient fill that revolves around an editable line. Does anyone know if this is possible in Xara xtreme, or if I would need a plug-in? Do you know of a link where I might be able to acquire this feature.

I am picturing something shaped like aT, where the gradient fill is determined by the arrow as it is currently on a line fill, and the shape of the gradient is determined by the editable top of the T. The editable line would have handles that you could move in different shapes.

Default Re: editable line gradients

Hi and welcome to the forum. In order for a line to be editable in Xara Xtreme, it has to be converted to a shape (see in the Arrange Menu).
    I'm not sure exactly what the result you want to achieve is. Would it be possible for you to sketch what you want? We'll then be able to tell you if it is possible in Xtreme.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Welcome

you can use plugins
    you can use transparency
    you can use the warp tool [though its a bit limited in its manipulability]

the attached is a quick example
    like Bob I am not sure exactly what you mean, so I am assuming it is a kind of 'mesh tool' effect?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lqgrad.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	65020  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Not sure if I understand the question fully. It is possible to blend along a line, giving the effect of a gradient. Are you trying to acheive an effect available in a different program?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lineblend.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	65036  
    Tony

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi J, and welcome to the forum.

I too am unsure what you are describing. Have a look at the eliptical and the 3 color fills to see if they are something close to what you are looking for. Failing that please try to help us understand what exactly you are trying to do with an example. Good luck.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.