Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie with a model car habit

I feel like a chump compared to some of the art here. I mainly use Xara for making decals for my model car habit.

I needed some digital gages and a new stereo face for a '69 Nova I was building. I didn't get too caught up adding all the little details as they are lost when they're shrunk down to 1/25th scale.

Also, here's a logo I submitted to the owner of the company I work for. He's wanting to change the company name to reflect our commitment to supplying the aerospace industry. Most of the concept was used so I'm happy.

Thanks for you time,

Kyle "LOBBS" Laubscher
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIGIGAGE-69NOVA.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	65121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STEREO.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	65122  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	65123  

Default Re: Newbie with a model car habit

Nice work Kyle.

I wasn't aware the 69 Nova had digital guages, were they available as special order or some custom addition?

Nice looking logo.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes I like the logo as well. How does the chrome plugin using Live Effects print out like? I might have done a plain vector one for printing but hay ho it look nice.
    Design is thinking made visual.

There are no chumps here.

We are all learning all the time. There is so much to learn about Xara Xtreme. Even for those of us who have used it for a long time. We're all so senile now that we are learning new things every day (things we have forgotten over the years )

Your decal renderings are very well done.

It is always interesting to see what users are doing with Xtreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Nice work Kyle.

I wasn't aware the 69 Nova had digital guages, were they available as special order or some custom addition?

Nice looking logo.
    There are a couple of aftermarket companies that offer digital gages for older hot rods and muscle cars. These are not based on any of their designs in particular just the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Yes I like the logo as well. How does the chrome plugin using Live Effects print out like? I might have done a plain vector one for printing but hay ho it look nice.
    The artwork with the Live Effects was intended for high-impact applications like signage, the website, letterheads, etc. We have high-res color laser printers in every department except the shop floor that make printing the artwork a non-issue. I also submitted "flat" artwork for mass produced documents that had the Live Effects removed.

I haven't seen the finished project yet although I know the color scheme was changed to blue and gold (the owner is from St. Louis and is a Rams fan). The strike at Boeing last fall pushed the redesign down the priority list.