Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My New Site

Default My New Site

Please take a look at my first site done with Xara Pro 5.

All was done with Xara exept the form and the web access feature.

http://qualitytooldesign.com

Comments welcome.

Thanks

bde2012

Default Re: My New Site

I like the design of your site....nicely done. Two things I'd like to mention, from my opinion. I do not care for the blue link on black, as in the gallery page for galleries 1,2 and 3....or the blue link on the contact page.

I would like to see the black on the background and the dark gray in the interactive area (switch them), then the blue links would look fine and I think your parts would too.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Thanks for looking Burpee, i appreciate your input.

I implimented a color change to the text links now, but I made them simliar in color so they match. I also made color changes to the back of the descriptive popups and the popup gallery background so they look consistant with the site. I also added a pic in the center of the gallery page to file up the void that was there when the page is first opened.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

bde2012

Nice clean functional site.

Did you do the isometric renderings as well? They are very handsome illustrations.

Hello Gary,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I did the Isometric renderings myself.

I updated the large and medium galleries with a skewed view rather than an isometric view. It allowed me to show more detail for the larger tools. The Individual parts and small assemblies remained Isometric.

I also changed the background of the pictures to black and gave the tools more of a "steel" look to them.

Just wanted to say too that I think Xara has a real winner of a product. After learning to use Xtreme pro for what I was wanting, my site came together very quick. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

I had a few bumps along the way. Nothing major but when I did, or wanted to know how to do something that wasnt in thier great manual, I was able to find the answer on the forums. Thanks for a great asset.

bde2012
    Last edited by bde2012; 24 August 2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

Very nice....the links are much easier to read.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?