Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Curved Text... How?

This is one line of editable text (center justified) on a single invisible arc. Text line width = 1px. Even the shadow conforms to the control arc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curved_text_01.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	64999  

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Another good way to get your outilne effect would be to create a 'glow' shadow and change the size color and transparency of the shadow accordingly. This way you don't have to mess around with text on two lines and you will get a uniform outline outside your text (as opposed to half in and half out).

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

You could also do a Countour on the outside and either make it just the 1 step that's needed or get the inset path of the contour made out of a clone of the original - this way you get two shapes that are really sized the way they need to be.

Get the join type right and don't drag too far out or the contour shape will lose its definition.

hope that helps.

OK... just when I think I have it figured... something strange happens...

I draw a circle.

Write text.

Fit text to curve.

Then click on the circle and change line and fill color to none.

OK... great. Circle is gone... text is black (or whatever coller I used when I wrote the text.)

I then click on the text, change the color... and suddenly... both the text and the circle are now the new color.

Tried ungrouping... tried a bunch of things... nothing changs it.

Maybe it is a problem with the font? I followed these same steps other times and it worked out just fine.

Also... when I draw a circle... the imaginary "box" around it (i.e. the 9 points to stretch/resize it) are in a square... but when the text is fitted to the curve, suddenly the imaginary "box" is now a huge rectangle with the circle occupying the left most portion of it.

... and yes, I made sure the text box was as small as possible... but this has me going nuts.

Brett

• Select all (text and line)
    • Convert to editable shapes (SHIFT+Ctrl+S)
    • Ungroup (Ctrl+U)
    • Select line and delete
    • Select text and recolour

*Note: Text is now a shape - any editing of text characters or font face should be done BEFORE above steps.

After changing the color,select the line in the objectgallery or by ctrl+click and set the line color to none.
    This was my initial reply,but the line doesn't show in the objectgallery.
    is this a bug??

Hans
    Attached Files Attached Files

Brett, I think that text typed into a text box isn't supposed to work, but a line of text works fine.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curve.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	65169  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.