Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I create this effect?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me! I am trying to find out how this vintage effect has been created on this logo? I have been asked to create a logo for someone using an effect similar to this one but am unsure of how to re-create it?

Also, does anyone know where I can get similar floral roman vectors like the ones used in this image?

Thank you,
    Danielle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment.aspx.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	64943  
    IP

Default Re: How can I create this effect?

try some of the free brushes, as in the link
    http://www.brusheezy.com/brush/1332-Swirly-Brushes-3
    IP

There are some free Design Dingbat Fonts that will probably do the trick. Search Google: "Design Dingbat Fonts". I'll have a look in my fonts folder to see what may be suitable and then get back to you.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Here are some specific fonts to look for. I've only selected A to I with each of the fonts listed...I stopped at dingbats starting with "D".
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dings.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	64951  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks for that! Does anyone know how I can achieve that vintage worn, almost hand-drawn effect of the brown logo itself??
    That's the part I'm having most difficulty with! I have my vector logo (it's a chandelier) and I want to create that vintage look.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
    IP

The vintage look is simply created by combining the colour of the paper plus the colour of the vector graphic. I suggest you just sample those from your example image and apply them to your own image.

To create a slightly more 'worn' appearance to the vector... simply add a layer mask to its layer and apply the clouds filter to it. Then use the levels filter on the layer mask to strengthen or lessen the patchy faded effect. Adjusting the black/white point levels will work best here. But feel free to adjust the gray level too.

Experimentation is the road to creative liberation.

Do you understand what i mean? If not, let me know.

Mark...
    IP

kind of looks to me like the W is made somewhat transparent so that the chandelier shows through.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP