Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Registration and activation

Hi, I need some urgent help please.
    Last night my trial version ran out. I bought pro 5 online and received the serial number via email. However when I insert the serial number it just gives me a banner that says ' Please wait' Nothing happens though. It juts freezes up.

I had new ram put into my machine yesterday could this be the problem and what do I do about it?

I have checked my account and it confirms my product is rgisterd with me serial number.

Thanks

Default Re: Rehistration and activation

Welcome to the TG Forums lliam1,

Does your entire PC freeze up or just the activation dialog?
    Try temporarily disabling your firewall and give it another go.

Default Re: Rehistration and activation

Lliam it takes a very long time for the registration to come back and report success. Please be patient. It has taken over 5 minutes when I registered Xtreme Pro 5.1
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Registration and activation

HiGuys sorry I was so hasty.
    It ended up taking quite a while but I finally go there.

Thanks anyway

Sorry but I have to help my folks who are at wits end. They got a laptop (FINALLY)! But decided to give it to me and they wanted to give it to me with the software ready to go. But we had a problem. My dad, works for a school district so he likes using academicsoftware.com. As life is full of things you can't expect, Dad bought Xara Designer 11 the day before they went to Xara Designer X365. My parents are technologically challenged at points so thought I'd try to help them (as I am the major beneficiary -- and think you have really cool software) -- but I can see why they are confused. Some of the communications from Xara call their product: Xara Designer X11, other times Xara Designer X12, and then Xara Designer X when it was installed and also, just for grins -- Xara Designer X365!

Dad used his email address to install, though the software wanted to install it in my mom's email name. We did the Dad-email as he purchased it, cause he is the school employee. The software downloaded from a link sent to us by academicsoftware.com and it installed. But then we go to put the serial number in... and it crashes.... repeatedly. Then they send us the trial's serial number so we get that part accepted. However, even though with a discount to school employees, what discount is it if you only get to use it 30 days? Dad got tired of this and said: "This is yours now, and I can't fix it, sorry sweetheart."

So what do we do, or how can you help me? Does he need to get a refund as it may be that since it was just when the software name changed, it is all screwed up???

Someone help me as by Friday I get the Wacom Tablet he also got for me, and I'd like to tell him some happy news, as well as my mom.

Thank you to anyone who can help us!!

Welcome to TG pixel_perfect.

Dad bought Xara Designer 11 the day before they went to Xara Designer X365.
    He should be able to get a upgrade from Xara Designer 11 to Xara Designer X (Xara Designer 365 or Xara Designer 12, they are all the same but Magix, Xara's parent company seem to be making a mess up re their naming policy). If this is the case. Contact http://support.xara.com/

I suggest first thing you could try is unistalling it & reinstall it & try the serial number again. Again any further issues contact xara support.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I raised the profile with the other Moderators. TG Mods can't help directly with account issues, as Egg says, it has to be Xara Support.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

PixelPerfect - I am sending a request to Xara to respond to this. As it is nighttime in the UK, I don't expect to get a response until tomorrow morning. So please check back and we will get this sorted.

Hi pixel_perfect,

I've commented on your other thread, I'll be following that one so please reply in that thread.

Thanks,
    Ben