Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Registration and activation

So far nothing has worked. I did uninstall. This time I downloaded first the .pdf owner's manual. Went to the website vs. the link in the email. The reinstallation had the 30 day extension of the trial in it already. And it has been now about a half an hour since I copied and pasted the serial number. I'll just let it do its thing but I have never seen anything take so long. It's been 25 minutes so far LOL!

Tech support asked me what error messages..., there were none, but Dad gave them that yesterday. It just hangs up in a animation of the Walmart symbol but that stopped too at 7:00 if you look at it as the hour hand on the clock that is.

I'm sure this will get sorted out. Just frustrating.

Thanks for the help, however.

OK. Since this has been addressed in your later post, just respond in that thread Sarah. Thanks.

I wanted to let you know, that it is fixed. It was a mixture of two things; xara was looking for my mom's email address and then I had to disable the firewall.

Many thanks to all who helped me.

Just wanted to thank you all. It is handled. It was two things at once. Whereas we thought it was the right thing to do as my dad was the purchaser in that we used his ID (email address) to buy the software, xara.com knew my mom's name and that she set up the laptop in her email address. So we installed in her email address and had to disable to firewall. That was easy. Just took time to figure it out.

Do really appreciate all the great help. What a wonderful forum.

Might just have to get this for myself when I fly home. Or maybe not, my mom likes to spoil me with logos whenever I need them.

Pretty cool software and stripped down interface. I've seen what mom's done so Adobe Illustrator, eat your heart out. (It is okay to mention the competitor when you are clearly much better, I hope!)
    Last edited by pixel_perfect; 14 July 2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling was wobbly