Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash photo displays

I've managed to publish a couple of webs with which I'm fairly happy. However in the latest one I'd working on, I'd like to incorporate a landscape photo (500pix by 105pix) in the page header and have the photo change automatically every 10 secs or so
    I've tried to do this with a new animation by editing the page size to the same as the image and then dragging the photo onto it. I then named the photo, copied the frame and dragged a new pic on top of the existing one, then added a new name.

It doesn't work as I expected so I guess I'm missing something.
    Also, when I insert a placeholder (using one of the photos to get the size right) and preview the site, the image is very tiny.
    Any ideas or can anyone point me at an FAQ.
    Many thanks.

Default Re: Flash photo displays

Hi and welcome the TalkGraphics Alan.

I'm off to bed so I can't take a great deal of time explaining it at present but if you open the xar and in frame 2 click on the bitmap and move it you won't see a lot happen as there are 2 bitmaps per page , but one has a 99% transparency applied. So the swf tweens between the bitmap going from 99% transparency to the next frame with no transparency etc.

Try pulling it about a bit, you should get the idea. All a bit big on file size though

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the help.
    I've tried to follow the same path as your example. Still struggling I'm afraid.
    Do I copy each frame or do I have to select "new" and then drop another instance of the .jpg?
    I can get the images to transition but the fade transition has baffled me.
    Last edited by alanwr; 21 August 2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added file

Name each photo (press the Yellow tag icon on the Infobar with the photo selected and give the photo a unique name). Your first photo is not named.

Copy the frame with the named photo and add the next photo.

Name this new photo with a different name.

Move the new photo to the back (Ctrl b or Arrange > Put to Back).

Select the photo you copied from the first frame with the Transparency Tool (F6). Set the transparency to 100%.