Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Restore

Default Restore

Most of my web sites are Windows Code (ASP) which I understand you can not do a restore with my hosting company. One of my other sites have Linux Code (PHP) which allows me to do a restore. I uploaded all my ASP to PHP and the Web Site that was done in Xara Webdesign did not work in PHP. I understand if I changed some code it could possibly work. How do you change the code? How can I get the Xara Webdesign Web Site to accept Linux Code so I can do a restore with my hosting company?

Sheila

Default Re: Restore

Have you tried asking tech support at your web hosting company?

I suspect this will be more productive since each ISP is different and have different configurations.

Yes. I have been on the phone with the hosting company for the last couple of days. The information I wrote came directly from them. XaraWebDesign must be a Windows Code (ASP) because it would not upload to the Linux Code. They suggested I go in and try to find the code and fix it. Since I am unable to fix the code do you have any suggestions how to get Linux to read your code so I am able to do a restore?

Sheila

Sheila Web Designer does not create ASP or PHP code.

ASP (Active Server Pages) is a Microsoft technology for use on Microsoft IIS servers.

PHP is an open source project that is available for many internet platforms, including those that run on Windows, Linux, and Unix.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update