Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: client viewing

Default Re: client viewing

Yes - this is the iframe option I mentioned above.
    Using iframes has been a popular item, the link in my previous post will list numerous threads where iframes have been disussed.

Thanks for your advice ...I have managed to get it into a place holder...and looks as I want it to ...... I just copied the index.html code and pasted it into the place holder..... made sure all the files were in the same subfolder as suggested..

Wasnt to sure how to do Iframes anyway ......I have always been told to keep away from them when I was using DW.

Thanks again

Mike

Mike if you have pasted the entire contents of the HTML into a placeholder, you will end up with two <html>, <title>, <head> and <body> sections.
    This could cause you some unexpected problems.

Yes I can see that now ..... there must be a way to get a gallery onto a page that is within the site

Think I will just link to the page where the gallery is .......that is easy to do .

Thanks again

Mike
    Last edited by mikerawlinson; 15 August 2009 at 10:21 PM.

• Export your Web Designer site to a folder on your HDD as index.htm

• Create a folder named gallery inside the index_htm_files folder created by XWD and place your CS4 index.html and gallery files into the gallery folder.

• Draw a placeholder rectangle (at the size required for the gallery) on your web designer page.
    In the Web Properties>>Placeholder[tab]>> 'Replace with html code' use this code:

<iframe name=gallery src=index_htm_files/gallery/index.html width=100% height=100%scrolling=auto frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

The iframe width and height will be whatever your placholder size is.
    scrolling=auto will create scrollbars if the gallery page is larger than the iframe.
    If you don't want scrollbars, change this to scrolling=no

Thanks...I have done exactly what you have said but I get nothing in the preview at all ....not even the place holder object..... what am I doing wrong ....all the files from the PS are in a folder called gallery....

Mike

Shapes used for placeholder 'objects' for inserting code never display in a browser preview, so that is normal.

The iframe method explained does work, but of course I don't have your files to test this.

If you'd like to zip them all up and email them to me at sledger [at] gmail.com I'll take a look this one time for you.

Another thing is I cannot do the most simple thing like link a object to a page like the one generated by PS ....when I go to link to page option its not there .....but the file index.html is in the same gallery folder ...... when I used DW you could just point to the file and its done ......why dont the html files show up as an option to link to .......such a simple thing but there is no tutorials on linking in the movies.....not one .... is it because you cannot do it in Xara.....
    Maybe we should get someone to do a movie on linking to a file.....the most basic thing of web design....

most things are so simple in xara compared to DW ,,,,,but to link to a file I am finding it a real struggle ..... I should be able to create the gallery and save out to an html file within the site then link to it... does anyone know how to do this ......

Thanks again for any help

Mike

Thanks Sledger I have sent you the zipped files

Mike

Mike, XWD is not a HTML editor.
    This is the one fundamental misunderstanding that some people are making and this is why XWD (or Xtreme) do not function and cannot be compared to HTML editors like Dreamweaver and so on.

Meanwhile, I have just received your files and will take a look shortly.