Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is malicious about Web designer?

I just did a presentation yesterday 8/14/09 using my main website www.michiganimaging.com (done with XX5) as an easy way to show links to my clients sites. Each client link thumbnail is set to open in a new window, and the antivirus software on the laptop I was given to use, Kaspersky Antivirus, blocked every link saying it was potentially malicious. I had to type in each URL in order to go to the sites. This is the first time with that antivirus, and it gave me an option of allowing access to the sites, which of course still would't allow access. As per previous posts I checked my files etc. and everything is still correct in my files so it had only to do with the antivirus software on the client computer.

The following site provides some useful info on what to do when a malcious code security warning is reported.

http://blog.fpweb.net/google-reports...urity-warning/

Quote Originally Posted by teaser View Post
    Both sites that I have uploaded to public, created with my Xara web designer, show as "this site may harm your computer" by google. Anyone else encountering this? Here is more of the google review from one of the sites.....
    What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-07-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-07-30.
    Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s).

If your file transfer was not secure some malware files may have been added to your folder.

I had this problem a few months ago. The index.html files had malicious code inserted into the files and there were several folders added.

First, ask your ISP tech support to check your files and remove any malware they find.

Change your password and make it something that is not easy for a password generating bot to determine. Numbers and letters work best, for example wD23L90yzX9.

If your web hosts servers are not secure you may have to move your site to a web host with more secure servers.

Finally, you may have to sign up for a Google Webmasters account (free) enter some identifiable META tag code into your index page, then request Google revisit your site.

It is not a nice world wide web any more.

I see this problem quite often and 99.9% of the time it has nothing to do with the connection or security of the server, but, has to do with the user's own computer. A keylogger gets installed on the user's computer and the ftp password is stolen and then used to download page files where the malicious code is inserted then uploaded again.

You can tell when it happened by looking at the date of one of the modified files.

You can change the password, but, it won't normally be effective until the keylogger is removed from the system.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com