Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Hello jinny, only the moderators on i-us can edit messages, as for yours I adjusted the image code to make it work so you could see how and that it works.
    Don't sweat it, it won't happen again! I am sorry I got involved.

I stand corrected on the above statement: Anyone should be able to edit their own post.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on October 16, 2000 at 10:18 AM.]
    IP

Mike,

Thanks, I appreciate that.

By the way, if I ever do something illegal or profane, feel free to edit my message out of existence, otherwise, per the usual on most lists/groups, it's good to ask people before doing something to their messages.

Take it easy, I know you meant well.. as I said in my previous message.

Jinny
    _________

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Jinny and anyone else concerned, as a moderator on i-us please be assured that I would never tamper with or change the words, meaning, message, idea, subject, or any part there of, of any meaningful message conveyed on i-us. I did correct the UBB code on 2 messages after a lengthy explanation had been posted on the proceedure of initiating the UBB image code. My intent was for the benefit of those persons and the group as a whole. It is clear to me that the persons involved now have a clear understanding of the UBB image code as a result. I humbly apologize for any anxiety which my actions may have caused.

As a remedial after thought, I will concentrate
    on keeping my own post error free and any attempt at assistance I make will be within my own messages.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on October 16, 2000 at 10:56 AM.]
    IP

So where are all the messages that were posted here? I'm still looking for Jinny's one about why to delete the brush file.
    IP

Hi Mike,
    I just wanted to say Thank you for you help with inserting images into my posts. The bells went off as soon as I saw your message. I appreciate the help thanks again.

Greg.
    IP

Hi Greg, Great art work man! Thanks for showing
    it.
    IP

Since Jinny deleted his post, most of us, well atleast me and one other seem to be a little lost. What are.. erm.. should we do? Mind reposting it again?

Thanks in advance,

-Kardis
    IP

Hello and Weclome to the Painter Forum, Kardis!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I too, hope Jinny will re-post all of what she said. I hate to see anyone's posts disappear.

Anyway, make yourself at home, our Forum is your forum (to paraphrase a famous hispanic phrase [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ).

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Ah, is Jinny a female? It sounds more female in my head now anyway. I guess I'm a tad bit slow this afternoon, my apologies.

Ah thanks Athena. Not only am I new to the forum, but I am new to painter. I just got my copy a few days ago and have not had the chance to explore it. Have been a photoshop user for a while, its a hard crossover; though I doubt I will ever stop using photoshop. One good plus is that I never tried 'painting' in photoshop, or is that a minus? Anyhoo, any suggestions what to do now?

-Kardis

[This message was edited by kardis on October 16, 2000 at 11:33 AM.]
    IP

Jinny,

I'm glad you got what was on your mind out into the open. It is very unhealthy to let upsetting feelings fester. (Saying what's on my mind is one of my nasty habits [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

But by deleting your earlier postings, you've caused me (and perhaps others) to feel a little punished and chastised here. We are innocent bystanders who enjoy seeing your posts in their entirety.

Perhaps next time you or anyone else feels inclined to delete their own perfectly coherent posts, you might count to ten and remember that most of us here feel enriched by more, not less posts, from our members.

Or, to put it another way, I consider many of these topics to be ongoing discussions. And while your postings are unquestionably your property (and you can do anything you want to with your property) when someone takes their property out of circulation in the forum, it blows the context of our discussions to smithereens. And consequently new visitors/readers feel lost.

I'm mentioning this here because other people have also taken the liberty to vaporize their postings and it is a trend(precedent) I do not like to see.

When someone is frustrated or angry about an issue, hey spill it here --- we want to know. I'm not a mind reader and I doubt many of the forum visitors are -- so please continue to let us know what's on your mind.

But I think it would be courteous to all of us if people left their postings in place.

Just speaking my mind,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on October 16, 2000 at 11:51 AM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP