I too am happy that you have joined us.

Greg
    IP

Hi and Welcome Jinny Brown,

I too am happy that you have joined us.

Greg
    IP

Hi Jinny,
    To answer your question regarding membership in a few word,"Beats me".
    I think it will change by itself or maybe you have to hold your chin just right.

Take care,
    Greg.
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Hi Jinny,

Believe it's just a matter of 10 posts, or so, from new to full member.

Thanks for the info on the Pre-built Brush File. Something else new in Painter6 I haven't noticed before [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] And you would think a 165 meg file would be hard NOT to notice.

BR....
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Jinny,
    Yea! I was amazed when I took a look at it. Wonder just how big it could get? Performance seems about the same though. Guess I've got enough 'spaces' for Painter to do it's thing. Painter has always been good to me, and I haven't had the many problems I've read so many others have had. Except, as I mentioned on another thread, when I push a brush build past it's limits and it will freeze up on me.
    BR.....
    IP

Hello Jinny!

Welcome to the i-us Painter forum! I'm sorry I'm late in welcoming you (but as you can see we have a very friendly, supportive, and helpful group of Painter users here and they got the timely welcome in for me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

I remember dropping by your site earlier when Felix le Chat suggested it to Robin Gilmor that your site was a great place to learn about Painter. I liked your site. I'm so glad you've made time to visit us. Hopefully, the stuff here will continue to be a compelling reason for you and others to visit.

Does the bio updated have the story that Felix mentioned about your grand-daughter wanting to use the "good" paint program?

By the way, like the others, I am very glad you told us about why deleting the pre-built brush file was so important. I've never done that and would not have taken such (seemingly) extreme measures if you had not clearly told me why. So thanks for telling us why [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And thanks for coming back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (even if you did miss a months' worth of stuff here -- we understand)

PS: nope it couldn't have been a "senior moment" I have them too and I'm . . . well I'm not a senior. I think busy people get to be forgiven for forgetting sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Cheers!

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Folks,
    I am glad I am not the only one having a problem with this Image stuff. This thing has gotten to be a matter of principle. I have been back to the drawing board so many times I have a rut worn in the carpet.
    I am afriad this is going to hurt my "Soup Cooker".

[This message was edited by Monastic Bat on October 13, 2000 at 05:43 PM.]
    IP

Mike,

Please, if you feel inclined to edit my messages from now on, get my permission first. I realize that you're trying to help us out but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable knowing that someone might edit my message without my even knowing about it until later. I like to know that what I send is what will be there. Otherwise, I'll just quit posting altogether. My previous messages have been deleted.

Hope you understand. This is the first list I've ever been on where anyone edited my messages and it was rather a surprise to me.. and at first I wasn't going to say anything about it.. but the more time went by, the more I felt it was best to speak up.

Thanks,

Jinny
    _________

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com

[This message was edited by Jinny Brown on October 15, 2000 at 01:47 PM.]
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Here we go again. The Great Spirit in the Sky is still talkin. I just had a power failure but I will try once more.

http://www.serenitystudios.com/images/Angels_large.jpg

This seems to have worked this time. I did the same things a dozen times yesterday.
    Thanks for the help Mike.
    IP

I have gone from Tiger's tail to Kid in the Candy Store.

http://www.serenitystudios.com/Paintertut/Beast3_.jpg
    IP