Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Trial version?

Hi,
    Is there a dlable trial version of Painter available somewhere (latest or earlier version)? It seems that Corel doesn't have one on their site, but Metacreations did if I remember correctly.

Tia,
    Anders.
    IP

Hi,
    Is there a dlable trial version of Painter available somewhere (latest or earlier version)? It seems that Corel doesn't have one on their site, but Metacreations did if I remember correctly.

Tia,
    Anders.
    IP

Painter Classic is what you are looking for. Pretty much eveyone with a Wacom tab has got a copy on a shelf somewhere. i know that you can get it for $20 in some places. Maybe checkout c/net.

stecyk66
    IP

Hi Trojer (I hope I spelled your name correctly),

Although Painter Classic could be less expensive, it's a very pared-down "version" of Painter. It's not supported by Corel, either.

A much better investment would be to go to:

http://www.gardenhose.com

... and buy either Jungle3D or Jungle2D (images/nozzles ... trees, foliage, etc.). They cost approximately $80 (or a little less) and with it comes a free **full** version of Painter 5.5.

Painter 5.5 is "web ready" and includes many, many wonderful features. It's the previous version, Painter 6 being the current one and if you own it, you'll be eligible for upgrade pricing when the next version is released, in addition to being eligible for Corel support.

Painter Classic is so limited that you won't really get a good grasp of what's included in full Painter software.

If you're in the U.K. there's also a good deal. If you can get the back issue of PCFormat magazine, it comes with a free Painter 5.5 CD.

Painter's worth every cent.. even paying the full price which is about $399 or so.

Getting Painter 5.5 for even $80 and also having Jungle3D or Jungle2D (depending on which is appropriate for your needs), is a fantastic deal.

Good luck, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinn

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

$80 sounds so much better than $399. And I'll definitely see if I can find that magazine! I'm not in the UK, i'm in Sweden but I know a place you can get all sorts of foreign magazines. Thanks for the tip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

sweden

the few people that currently participate in this forum traverse the globe! the internet is very fascinating. i'm starting to wonder....

stecyk66Â¥
    IP