Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: weather module

Default weather module

I'm just beginning to play with Web Designer and having trouble adding a module from weather.com. It is supposed to give me the current local weather, but all I get is a link to weather.com.

I have a rectangle as a placeholder. Under Website properties I have added the code they gave me under "replace with HTML code." When I went back to check that I had copied all the code, I noticed a caveat that I needed to paste the code as "plain text" not HTML. I have no idea how to do this ... can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Mickie

Default Re: weather module

Hi Mickie,

Could you show us the code please?

The Code:

<div id="wx_module_7348">
    <a href="http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USNV0049">Las Vegas Weather Forecast, NV</a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    /* Locations can be edited manually by updating 'wx_locID' below. Please also update */
    /* the location name and link in the above div (wx_module) to reflect any changes made. */
    var wx_locID = 'USNV0049';
    /* If you are editing locations manually and are adding multiple modules to one page, each */
    /* module must have a unique div id. Please append a unique # to the div above, as well */
    /* as the one referenced just below. If you use the builder to create individual modules */
    /* you will not need to edit these parameters. */
    var wx_targetDiv = 'wx_module_7348';
    /* Please do not change the configuration value [wx_config] manually - your module */
    /* will no longer function if you do. If at any time you wish to modify this */
    /* configuration please use the graphical configuration tool found at */
    /* https://registration.weather.com/ursa/wow/step2 */
    var wx_config='SZ=300x250*WX=FHW*LNK=SSNL*UNT=F*BGI=su nset*MAP=null|null*DN=lasvegaswaterfun.com*TIER=0* PID=1130294145*MD5=ac6584c9b65da82a3e953b193cc0a4e 2';
    document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+document.location.protocol+'//wow.weather.com/weather/wow/module/'+wx_locID+'?config='+wx_config+'&proto='+document .location.protocol+'&target='+wx_targetDiv+'"></scr'+'ipt>');
    </script>

Yep - I only get the link in all browsers but IE. In IE I get a graphic with a link only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mickie-weather.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	64744

Something wrong at their end I would reckon.

I created a text .html file and uploaded here to test (local zone security restrictions prevent it working from your HDD in IE)

Thanks for trying Steve.

Mickie

Lightbulb Re: weather module

Mickie,

I am using the weather for you module, check it out here:

Here it is...

If you need any help with this just let me know...
    RaZzLE

Thanks Razzle – that one works.

Mickie