Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Member websites

Default Member websites

How do you find and view other member's websites? I am curious to see how everone has their sites setup and how much Xara was used and/or Web Designer. I'm curious to see styles and content and colors and how fast they load.

I don't see sites in profiles or any signatures. This would be the site where I would think you would find people who would know how to create a page. I know there is no commercial promotion here but listing a website in profile isn't a promotion. I assume I'm just missing the links because sometimes I look but I don't see what's right in front of me.

If you don't mind me browsing your sites, post a link here (if that's ok).

I have 6 weeks of lessons on selling your artwork. I have had them forever and never done anything with them. I don't feel that I'm all that good and feel embarrassed promoting my work to anyone. I then remembered my mother's good friend who was not a very good artist but she was wonderful at marketing and sold quite alot of her watercolor artwork (kind of like Bill Gates). She never considered that her work was so-so. She believed in herself. If you put your product in a closet, you'll never sell anything. So, I dug lesson one out.

Lesson one says:

What is your purpose for being online?
    Improve your website
    Cull and add images
    add website URL to signature
    add a tracker to your site

That's pretty much all it said. Finally started updating my site but I'm again too embarrassed to try promoting any of it. I don't have the creativity that so many of you have. I don't have my style that so many of you have. So for now, I'm not going to upload my new and improved site. I'll just keep playing with it till I can make something special to share.

PS, if anyone wants to know what lesson 2 says, just let me know here.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Member websites

Hi Nancy, I have a link to my site in my signature. It should show at the bottom of my posts. My site was done completely with Xara software - Xtreme Pro 4&5 and Webdesigner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    How do you find and view other member's websites? I am curious to see how everone has their sites setup and how much Xara was used and/or Web Designer.
    I don't see sites in profiles or any signatures.
    All members are free to list their home page URL in their profiles Nancy.
    If you don't see any in a member's profile it's because they either choose not to include it or they simply don't have a site of their own.

Commercial websites in signatures must generally be approved.

But we do have the Site Design and Publishing forum for members to discuss web design and show their work as well as the 'Show us your websites' thread in the Web Designer forum and now Xtreme created sites can be showcased as well in the Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum.

The Off Topic Chat forum is mean't for topics which do not have a forum of their own, so XWD and Xtreme created websites or discussions should not be posted here.

Fun website Angelize. I like the fun and games though the Wordup failed to load for me. Said I was missing some xtra files. Very happy site makes me smile.

Thanks Steve, I will drop in there. I've never visited before (flogs with wet noodles).

Hi Nancy
    There is also a link to my website in my signature, I am always trying to promote it. I have been doing it for years. Most all of the graphics on my site were made with some xara product, I have also been using that for years. Some of the first graphics I ever made were with xara webster. and I have had every version since then.
    All of the coding was doneby me with a text editor and that is how I prefer to make a web page, I do not use the web designer program from Xara.
    So here it is.
    Artist For Hire. AFH , A4H, A4hire

http://artist4hire.net
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Lots to see on your site, Bruce. It didn't look right in IE6 so I opened it in Oopera and it looks much better. In IE6 it had a double heading and most of the lettering was larger. You have your font size as 2 instead of H2. Don't know if this makes a difference between browsers.

I had fun browsing your links and buttons...so much there and tons of clipart. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know Java script. I tried learning once but I quit after it made my head hurt, lol. I am having a folder problem with my BACK buttons and need a helpful push in the right direction. Perhaps you wouldn't mind taking a look at my situation? ...or someone else here. I was going to ask the fellow who taught me html, I just haven't made up the tree yet to explain my problem.

Hi , IE6 ? I haent used that in a while , so Im not sure what my site looks like on that browser. I am running IE8 and FF3 on my systems. The page looks good on those and the majority of the visitors to the site are on oneof those two browsers so I figure it is ok.
    I would be glad to help you find a solution for the back button problem that you are having. But you will need to point me to the web page that is having the problem. There are plenty of sites that have free Java scripts available to sue on your site too.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    Fun website Angelize. I like the fun and games though the Wordup failed to load for me. Said I was missing some xtra files. Very happy site makes me smile.

Thanks Steve, I will drop in there. I've never visited before (flogs with wet noodles).
    Spare the noodles Nancy

I've moved your thread to the Site Design and Publishing forum.

Where's Burpees' site?

Hi,
    I updated my website 'Dads Designs"..It is a work in progress..experimenting with designs..
    Right now I am experimenting with various aspects but a "Form" modified from Neodist's Webform using PHP is implemented.
    http://www.dadsdesigns.ca
    Commentsand criticism welcome (well the criticism might not be welcome, but appreciated..)
    JmG
    P.S. Not all aspects are functional yet