Hi,

I just bought X5, also bought web designer a few months ago, I love them both. I have searched, watch the movies and I still have no idea how to cut out, with the freehand tool, an object from a photo. I know you can do it because I did see a video ( a few months ago) where they took the photo of the cow and traced along it, leaving only the cow, and then deleted the rest of the photo so that there just was a cow with no background. That's just what I'd like to do. I'd like to trace along the outline of an object in a photo and then delete the rest of the photo, leaving only the object I outlined.

I could do this in three seconds in PSP but I'd like to learn these two XARA programs.

The temptation to use PSP to do it, is great but I already know PSP. I wonder how many people in the entire world know all of X5 or X4? What I am saying is I believe the program is capable of doing absolutely amazing things. The more I look at it the more complex it is. I'm not complaining. It is an amazing program and the time spent learning it will be time well spent.

If you can answer my question about the cut out, I will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Randy