Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sizing graphics in Xtreme Pro 5

I wonder if anybody else is having this problem. I'm creating banner graphics for a website - they need to be 720 pixels wide [with a variable height of between 100 and 200 pixels]. I have done this successfully for a long in the previous versions of Xara Xtreme and Pro. However, in the new 5, I find that Xara wants to add a pixel to the width and height of my graphic!

In the Export window, the two graphics [Image A and Image B both at 100%] have the wider and higher settings and yet, looking on the Bitmap Size and Resolution tab within the Export box, the dimensions are as I want them. I'm afraid that the export happens as per the size for graphics A and B!

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I'm going wrong please? I'm totally mystified!

Many thanks in anticipation!

Glyn

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Sizing graphics in Xtreme Pro 5

Hi Glyn,

Check to make sure that your graphic is on an even pixel for it's X,Y position. If it isn't you may be getting the extra fraction of a pixel on each side of your drawing. If that isn't it check back here and we may be able to come up with other suggestions.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Further to Eric's suggestion is there a line to your rectangle? If you have "scale to line width" unselected it shows the internal measurement. Try toggling the "scale to line width" icon to see if the size changes.

One further point, are you using the download version, there was a bug re exporting bitmaps in earlier versions that added an extra pixel if the shape wasn't placed on integer X and Y co-ordinates that's been resolved with the CD version.

And welcome by the way.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Red face Re: Sizing graphics in Xtreme Pro 5

Eric and Egg ... thank you so much for your suggestions.

With a certain amount of exasperation yesterday, I decided to reboot [the computer, not me!] to see if gremlins could be cleared. I am running a virtual Windows machine inside a Mac, and wondered whether this might be causing a few strange things to happen. I have to say that I checked avidly that lines/strokes weren't present in the shapes I'd drawn.

I must say that the problem seemed to disappear on re-launching Xara Pro 5, and I am not able to replicate it this afternoon! So fingers crossed! But if it reoccurs, I shall indeed check the co-ordinates as you suggest.

Thank you both so much.

Glyn

Hope the matters resolved now Glyn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host