Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Site designed in XXP4 updated in XXP5?

I created a website (or started one really) in XXP4 for a family member long before XXP5 came out. The family member is finally giving me some content to place in her site so I can finish it.

What I want to know is; are there any pitfalls that I need to be aware of if I continue to work on the site in XXP5? Should all of the functionality from the previous version work with the new way of doing things? I was able to open the file in XXP5 without any errors and preview it, so I think that it should work. I'm just wondering if there is anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks for you help.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Site designed in XXP4 updated in XXP5?

Generally it should work ok.
    X4 had much less features and all they are supported in X5. Most of them are implemented differently, you had to use many special object names for the features available directly in the X5. But these should be converted automatically.
    Nevertheless, check everything that was implemented using special names. Just make sure that all the functionality is converted properly.
    Also some popup/rollover effects may work a bit differently in the X5, so if you use them, check them as well.
    John.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Site designed in XXP4 updated in XXP5?

Thanks for that, John. I will go over it with a fine toothed comb when I get a chance after work. Your answer is about what I expected but I just wanted to make sure, and I thought it might be good general knowledge for anybody else who made websites in XX4.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.