Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtreme LipstiX

Default Xtreme LipstiX

Here's a poster I conjured up for a mock product I've dubbed Xtreme LipstiX, complete with a logo and a matching, custom case design. Anyone looking at the poster should immediately be able to tell what favorite program of mine I used to create all of the graphics . The Xtreme LipstiX and case color schemes used an advanced color feature of Xara Xtreme called 'Shades of colors' that I've been experimenting with. When used correctly images can be quickly copied, recolored and pasted back to the original drawing, thereby saving a tremendous amount of time.

Not that the outspoken members of TalkGraphics need to be reminded, but, if anyone has any constructive comments, criticisms, or suggestions in regards to my Xtreme LipstiX poster, I'd like to hear them. No need to be shy.

Cheers,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme LipstiX - ©2009 HayTay.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	64660  

Default Re: Xtreme LipstiX

Very cool Harry, i like it.

Neat image Harry
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Excellent work Harry.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for the encouragement, Black Panther, John & Keith. I'm glad you all liked it.

I find it a little strange that 4 of us guys like lipstick, but, what the heck. It's probably better than the feces brown colored fingernail polish I saw on a guy who was working, of all places, 'Dairy Queen'. Go figure! Personally, I prefer women that don't wear lipstick and would rather see them wear lip gloss if they truly must put some shiny, slimy, get all over everything, stuff on their lips.

'Til next time,
    Harry

Harry I like the drawing very much, where the stick is joined is a great detail but I find the heading too much. Maybe use a different font or just a single style, no shadow under the white contour it is just a bit over elaborate for my taste but please this is just my opinion.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks for the feedback, Albacore. Here's a previous version of the poster before I got carried away with the heading. See if you like it any better. I'm guessing that you won't and I think I know what you were trying to say in your post. After getting some sleep, reading your post and taking a fresh look at this I don't think the header really goes with the product.

I've managed to put a bright, edgy, youth oriented heading promoting what looks to be a clean, classy, expensive looking product focused more toward career oriented and more mature women.

At least, I hope that's what you were trying to say!

Off to make some changes,
    Harry

Name:	Xtreme LipstiX_02 - ©2009 HayTay.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	64677  

Love your lipsticks. The case design is beautiful and elegant. I do not care for the heading. I think it overshadows the product, from a sales point of view. My opinion would be something a bit less bold and more elegant to go with the lipsticks....perhaps just change the colors to something pastel?
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

My thanks to everyone for their kudos and critiques. After spending most of the day attempting to implement an updated design I had in my head and failing, I scrapped plan C and went to plan D and beyond.

The updated poster uses a header based on the logo design on the LipstiX cases. I like it much better than the other two I've posted so far. I'll get some sleep and wait to see what I think of it tomorrow. Until then I'll let everyone here be the judge as I value your opinions.

Thanks for looking,
    Harry

Name:	Xtreme LipstiX_04 - ©2009 HayTay.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	64693  

I like that much better Harry. The original text didn't do it for me.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.