Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I have just tweaked my site

I have just tweaked my site.

After checking out the stats with statcounter.com, I noticed people were not staying on simple searches for services we provided. Then I thought, maybe I had too much info on the first page so... I took some things off, changed the layout and added the "about us" page.

The first problem you will see is that the counter shows on the top of the page. I entered the code by opening in notepad and saving it near the end just before /body as suggested. I think it should go into a placeholder - just need a little guidance on how I should do it so it doesn't show and I don't have to remember to add each time I tweak the page (lost half a days stats the other day).

my site is here - www.rvrs.ca

As always, I look forward to everyones feedback.

Default Re: I have just tweaked my site

It would be better if you could get the site to fit on the page without having the bottom scroll bar.

Albert, what screen size/resolution are you running?
    Doby's site displays on screens from standard 15.4" laptop (1280) and up when I test here.
    Checking the source show the site body to be width: 1034px

1024x768 on a 19" monitor.

That's interesting Sellaman s it fits perfectly on my screen and I don't have to scroll across bottom.

I was hoping though to get a little assistance on "how to hide the statcounter code". Do I use the placecard holder and if so, how do I get it to position itself just before the /body?

Hi Doby,

Yes, use a placeholder for the two scripts and place it on the page.
    Change the var sc_invisible= variable from '0' to '1' to hide it

Not sure why you want it just before the </body> tag. Should be fine anywhere between <body>*</body>
    John (Covoxer) may know a trick to ensure a placholder object is positioned exactly before the end tag - I don't.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Sledger. I just made the change in Notepad and re-upped.

It worked like a charm.

Thank you once again for coming to the rescue.

Debé

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not sure why you want it just before the </body> tag. Should be fine anywhere between <body>*</body>
    John (Covoxer) may know a trick to ensure a placholder object is positioned exactly before the end tag - I don't.
    To place a code just before </body> tag you can use a "Tracker code" field (Web properties dialog / Page tab / Tracker code field). All code put in it is placed just before the closing body tag.
    John.

Thank you Covoxer for the info.

With your (and Sledgers) help, I have entered all my scripts as instructed and things are working like a charm. I no longer have to worry about forgetting to re-add the stat counter scripts via notepad each time I do a little tweak to the site.