Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer or Xtreme or both?

Hi, do people use both Web Designer and Xtreme? or are you better off just buying Xtreme? cheers and thanks in advance regards Rossco

Default Re: Web Designer or Xtreme or both?

Rossco,
    You don't need both, unless you want both. I have both of them, first using Webdesigner for websites as it has less options and only does web work (less confusing for me). When XX5 came out I upgraded (again) and started using both. Now I've gone to just using XX5 as it has more capabilities and templates, as well as I was starting to bring files in from one program to the other. Bottom line Webdesigner is simpler for just web work but XX5 has much greater capability. If I were buying just one, it would be XX5.

My opinion - get XX5. It has EVERYTHING XWD has and masses more. I uninstalled XWD the moment XX5 came out. Ok, it cost a bit more than XWD but it is amazing value and the if you get XWD there is always a risk you'll see something in XX5 you wished you had.

Hi jimhanus & gpholman,
    well it looks pretty clear to me now, even though I have bought XWD I can see way more benefits of having XX5pro....so will fork out some more dollers and get XX5 Pro....

Darn it, I always make the wrong choice and go for just what I need at the time, not thinking ahead...;-\ I should have asked this question before I leapt into XWD....oh well...

thank you both for responding, much appreciated :-)

kind regards
    Rossco

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hi jimhanus & gpholman,
    well it looks pretty clear to me now, even though I have bought XWD I can see way more benefits of having XX5pro....so will fork out some more dollers and get XX5 Pro....

Darn it, I always make the wrong choice and go for just what I need at the time, not thinking ahead...;-\ I should have asked this question before I leapt into XWD....oh well...

thank you both for responding, much appreciated :-)

kind regards
    Rossco
    You can upgrade for a discounted price, and it ends up costing what it would have anyway.

Yep,
    thanks, I was going to go that route..makes a little bit easier :-)

regards
    Rossco