Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Button animation

why doesn't the button animation work properly?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Button animation

Ron you do not need the Mouse Over Show Popup layer enabled. The buttons will animate showing the Mouse Over Layer images simply by having a link assigned. The Show Popup layer is used for different purpose, to show an entire layer or object(s) on a specified layer.

Also you placeholder text is placing a flash player over your Mouse Over layer images.
    Last edited by Soquili; 07 August 2009 at 12:15 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ron, there's no need for the html bit, just replace with flash placeholder will do. See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Eric! After working with it a while I finally got what you did. However, I was wondering if the animation could run only on the mouse click not the mouse over?

Xara's Facebook

Hi Ron, mouse clicks usually take the viewer somewhere else so the animation would normally be lost. If you wanted to you could use an animation as a "you are on this page" type feature. Perhaps you could expand on what you want to do.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When the mouse clicks on the button I would like the animation to happen at the same time the link is activated. Maybe that's not possible.

Xara's Facebook

Perhaps it could be possible but as most onclick operations open a new page the animation would cease as the new page was opened. You could possibly reverse engineer it such that the mouse over event happened when the page opened giving the impression that it commenced with the on click action.

Another way would be to create the whole site as a swf. This way the navigation bars would always remain present allowing for a mouse over action whilst the non nav bar section change.
    Egg