Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with bitmap fills being duplicated

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me with this annoying problem that happens in both XWD and XX5.

I've got a photo frame which I've imported from the holiday template. I've made a few changes to the frame (gradient colour and corner curvature). Now that I have my perfect frame I want to have a whole collection of matching frames each containing a different photo, so I've copied the photoframe several times. I've dragged in my images from a windows directory and then applied them as a bitmap fill to the clipped photo within the frame.

The problem is that all the photo frames are filled with the same image!

I've tried giving them different names via the names gallery, but this makes no difference.

Any thoughts?

Mermaid

Default Re: Problem with bitmap fills being duplicated

Have just found a work around. Put the frame into a separate document, insert the fill and then paste it back into my website document.

Still puzzled as to why the problem happens. Is it a deliberate feature or a bug. Can't see why anyone would want this behaviour...

Mermaid

Hi Mermaid,

Hold down a Control key when you apply the new photo fill to a frame.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hmmm, this didn't work for me. In my new document I created 2 extra copies of the photo frame, selected the clipped photo from the group and then pressed 'G' to get the bitmap fill tool. I held Ctrl down while clicking on the fill button in the Bitmap gallery and all three fills changed simultaneously.

Was this how you meant I should do it, or is there another way of applying the fill?

Thanks for you time.

Mermaid

Hi,
    I found that when using template stuff there is some peculiarities, my solution is to select the 'container with the template image and instead of using 'bitmap' fill use flat fill, then with 'container' still selected use your preferred fill, this ( in my case anyways) stops the fills being added to all fills.
    Jim

I have noticed similar problems using the Portfolio template for a webpage. While trying to change the square bitmap images across the top occasionally they would "link" together in some way. The only solution I found was to delete the offending container, replace it and fill it. I haven't a solution just to say I have had similar problems and will watch this thread with interest.

DaveC

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I held Ctrl down while clicking on the fill button in the Bitmap gallery and all three fills changed simultaneously.
    Use Ctrl-drag and drop the picture on the picture you want to change. When releasing the mouse button, a dialog window will appear giving you some options. Ctrl-clicking the fill button doesn't give you this dialog window.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Hi,

The problem is that all the photo frames are filled with the same image!

I've tried giving them different names via the names gallery, but this makes no difference.

Any thoughts?

Mermaid
    Hi Mermaid,

I had this problem also.....the keys to hold down when dragging the photo into the location is <CTL><SHIFT>. I believe that will solve your problem.

Ed......:-)