Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where is the table?

Isnīt there any tables in XWD?

Default Re: Where is the table?

No, there aren't.

Xara Web Designer is not like traditional web Authoring software, it is designed to take a graphic and convert it into html on publishing. It knows nothing about html until it's exported, so you can't add tables to the native application.

However, by using placeholders you can add any html content that you require.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think, it is a lack. It could be one of the shape-tools or a part of the rectangle tool. It is easy to make table with rectangles. It's a pity that it is not possible to make it with a smart tool.

Have you any good recipe to make a fine table? I began with a rectangle, duplicated a several times, then I tried to arrange and group and snap in many different ways, but I could not find the optimal table-making. I know, it is not so difficult to pull and push the rectangles or group of rectangles on to each other, but I wonder anyway if somebody has the ultimate know-how to put together a table.

xhris did a video on this. If you search his youtube videos (linked in his sig) you'll probably find it (and a bunch of other useful stuff)...wait - here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkggsBp_5Q

You could also check out the side-program called xxfx, which has a table creation built in to it and exports a xar file, which you can just import. It's here about 1/3 of the way down the page: http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

Hope that helps

Thank you slavelle! Your answer is very informative. Now I can make table. But I still think that table-tool ought to be a part of XWD.

Hymer, you can also use MS-Word (and Excel) tables in XWD. Take a look at this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ble#post306864

I forgot to mention that Excel thing. Really, that's a great option because it takes the formatting and everything straight out of excel, so especially if you are trying to share tabular data with a team or something, this method can be useful because you can simply update the table by copying and pasting your new values from a current Excel sheet. It CAN be edited in Xara, but it's easier (for me at least) to go back to the source in this case.

I do agree that a basic table maker would make a lot of sense for this whole line of products - not for a "page layout" purpose, but to display tabular data, simple shopping cart items, product comparisons, etc.