Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash Animations - for best results, do I need to resize images before importing?

(in Xara Xtreme Pro 5)

Hi

I have just re-sized my entire flash animation, and am amazed to see that the images do not seem to contain any nasty "jaggies" or ripples!

Before importing into the original Xara animation file, I had carefully resized and sharpened my images [in photoshop] to the *exact* size that they were going to be displayed at in the original flash file, but having resized the pixel dimensions of the whole thing (albeit keeping proportions the same) I am amazed to see that Xara seems to have resized all my images very well before exporting to flash. The new flash file is quite a lot smaller that the first one too (95KB ==> 67KB).

Well done Xara. Does this mean that for best results there is genuinely little or no need to put carefully resize all my images before importing into Xara?

Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

Default Re: Flash Animations - for best results, do I need to resize images before importing?

Hi Ship, I think the swf export works the same as the html export in this respect. The images are resampled to the size they appear on the screen. So if you drag in a 4Mb , 300ppi image and resize it to a stamp size and export, it's exported at that pixel size and at 96ppi.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host