Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pages out of whack

All:

Somehow I have encountered a problem with the length of some of my pages. Most of the pages lengths begin with 0 on the ruler but at least one starts with 200 and I can't seem to zero it out.

1. I've tried adjusting the length of the page but it moves all the objects up or down.

2. I've tried ungrouping and removing the soft group from all the objects but no fix.

3. When I copy an object to the page, it throws it to somewhere near the middle of the page.

4. I copied one object to the page but have lost control of it.

5. All layers are visible and turned on.

I have a number of pages of different lengths in my document and would like to keep it that way.

What's going on? Does anyone know?

Ron Mc

Default Re: Pages out of whack

If you grab the square in the corner of the rulers, you can adjust the 0,0 location where you want it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Keith:

Thanks for your response. That solved one problem. I should have known that.

Now why when I copy and paste a graphic to a page does it suddenly become locked and I can't move it?

Ron

RonM,
    As you say in "5. All layers are visible and turned on." it's possible you're dropping it onto a layer you didn't intend to (I do it all the time). Make sure in the Object Gallery you have the page or layer highlighted first so your object will drop onto the correct page or layer, or make all the excess layers hidden first so there's only one to work on.

jimhanus:

I thought it might be on another layer too so I individually turned the layers on and off. No luck. Wonder if it could be a bug in system?

Ron

Sounds like a bug. Unless you have pasted onto a locked layer (and you would get a warning message if you tried to do this) there is no reason why this should happen.

I would recommend closing out and opening the document and see if the problem still persists.

Sometimes Xara gets a bee in its bonnet and does really strange things. And then when you try to reproduce it to log it as a bug it does not happen again.