Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: icon help

Default icon help

hello everyone,
    in my pages i have placed an icon on every page ( icon information 3 ) and had it match my page. i set the link to "do nothing" the purpose of the icon was for display only. to the right of the icon is a text box. yesterday i noticed that when viewing my site the icon high lighted on any page and linked to one of my pages. i went back and removed the icon from a page and moved the text box to the left. the text box was acting as if it was repeling. there is nothing there to repel under etc. i removed the icon from every page to see what happens. the same. in the area that i removed the icon there seems to be something that i cannot see to repel the text. i moved the text box above and below and the the text box did not repel. i am at a loss. i appears something perhaps is "hidden" in that area that i cannot see. is there a way that i can find this problem? the rest of the page works fine.
    thanks
    john

ps. when i first open my site www.thecustomtag.com the icon does not highlight. when i go to calendars for example and click on a calendar a pop up appears. close the pop up. then the icon at the top highlights. click it and it brings me to my tip guide page. thanks again
    Last edited by nowizzard; 06 August 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Default Re: icon help

It would be much easier to help if you posted your xar (or web) file nowizzard.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

hi egg,
    thanks for your reply. my web is posted www.thecustomtag.com
    lets take and example. the new version posted i removed a second icon. now i do not get any links to my page - solved.
    second. an example. if you go to my site and go to calendars. click on black stock calendars. you will see a red icon. to the right is a text box. if i remove the icon and move the text box where the icon was the text gets repeled. there is nothing there that i can see. if i move the text box above or below that are i get no text repel.
    this is the same on every page that has this icon...
    suggestions. thanks for your help

nowizzard, Egg is referring to your *.web or *.xar project file rather than you exported and uploaded website.
    This is the defult save file type for Xara Web Designer (*.web) or Xara Xtreme (*.xar)