Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Frustrating Text Problem

OldTBone - I know I'm a little late to the party, but just wanted to comment that if I take the formatting of any of the other text objects and copy and ctrl-shift-A onto the problematic text (Victor Ramos), it also fixes the formatting. Maybe it has something to do with it being "regular text" but it has an outline? All of them are formatted this way (which of course they don't have the outline on final render because they are text not graphic), but I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with this...

Anyway - obviously fixing it is worth more in this case than knowing why it happened - looks like an anomoly.

Thumbs up Re: Frustrating Text Problem

Evidently it had something to do with Jim's solution, where he said he hit "Enter" and it went away. Because that's how I fixed it. I went to the end of that line and hit "Enter", which moved the cursor below the line.

That particular line was an add-on to that page that had been created much earlier. I suppose that when I added it, I didn't hit Enter before saving and exporting.

It was really driving me nuts because I couldn't see anything in the edit view that it was any different than other lines on that same page, yet it was showing up, plain as day, on the preview and on my published website.

Lesson learned...making additions to an existing block of text, hit "Enter" when finished before saving!

Thanks guys! This forum is a great source of help, especially for us who are just getting our feet wet with XWD!