Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Useful features for PHP & Javascript programmers

I'm sure people have suggested these before, but I might as well add my thoughts...

I've used a placeholder rectangle to embed some PHP into a page with no problems. However, it would be very useful to be able to give the page a php extension, rather than php.htm which currently happens. It is a real pain having to rename the page, especially if there are links to it from other pages. UltraEdit and Dreamweaver MX both screw up the code somehow when doing a text replace on it so the page is incorrectly formatted.

Secondly, it would also be useful to have an option to be able to add code to the page header, especially if your embedded html in the placeholder uses styles or javascript, e.g. html code for a form designed in another package which uses a different stylesheet and calls a Javascript function in a separate for to validate itself.

I'm sure that both of these features would be easy to add, but would save more technically minded developers like me an awful lot of time!

Thanks,

Mermaid

Default Re: Useful features for PHP & Javascript programmers

it would be very useful to be able to give the page a php extension, rather than php.htm which currently happens.
    Only your first page would need renaming to .php after export. All other pages can be given the .php extension in Web Properties>>Page>>Pagefile Name: These will be exported correctly as .php and not break your links from the starting page etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	name-php-file.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	64541

Secondly, it would also be useful to have an option to be able to add code to the page header
    Please try to search the forums to answers to questions like this one - it has been discussed man many times.

Adding code to the head section of your page is done by creating a placeholder which you name: <HEAD>
    Your code is then added via Web Properties>>Placeholder>>Replace with HTML Code