Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

After completing some custom cards,I saved them as a .gif on cd, and took them to the local printer.they informed me that the images were to distorted and they could not use them. They printed one out for me and they did look horrible.
    I have them saved as a .gif Mabey that is wrong I dont know.what is the best format to save in

the second problem: I made the card 2 by 3.5 but the card got saved some how as 1.5 by 3 I used the ruler and sized it up not sure what went wrong there. I have been a mac user in the past and saved them as a .emf and seemed to work out ok.Im new to xara and pc so any help would be helpful.

none
    IP

After completing some custom cards,I saved them as a .gif on cd, and took them to the local printer.they informed me that the images were to distorted and they could not use them. They printed one out for me and they did look horrible.
    I have them saved as a .gif Mabey that is wrong I dont know.what is the best format to save in

the second problem: I made the card 2 by 3.5 but the card got saved some how as 1.5 by 3 I used the ruler and sized it up not sure what went wrong there. I have been a mac user in the past and saved them as a .emf and seemed to work out ok.Im new to xara and pc so any help would be helpful.

none
    IP

Bulletproof
    I know nothing at all about printing. However there is a lively debate or two in the Xara X forum re these problems. Most people in the know suggest "The only safe thing is to export RGB TIFF and then do your CMYK'ing in Photoshop." I don't know if this is true or not. I'm sure if you posted this question in the other Xara X forum someone would be only to pleased to point you in the right direction. ( The question may get overlooked in this forum)
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I have done several 4 color designs for business cards. I have them done by a jobber. They require the files as a tiff in CMYK. I have also sent the files as EPS in the past.
    IP