Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help. Duplicated pages Adding Duplicated Html per added page

Greetings, ok... here is the issue.
    Every time I create a Duplicate page (one created from the first, and then the next and so on). I am getting a Duplicated html content added to the Home/index page. Example: I duplicated the Home/index page first to create a 2nd page. Once I did that, my Favicon/placeholder html box I had created for my home page, was not only on the 2nd page, but it duplicated the html coding on my home page.
    Not only that, but for every page I duplicate, another is added to the home page and each page thereafter. Meaning, even though there is only One favicon/placeholder box of html content showing per page, everytime I duplicate a page, another copy of the html coding is added to the previous page. So if you look at the web link I am posting, click 'view page source' and look at red text/favicon html content. On the home page there are many duplicated versions. If you click other pages in the Navigation links, and view their page source, you will also see other duplicate versions of the favicon html code added per page.

What the heck is going on with that. If I delete the favicon content from other pages after the home page, the coding previous per page disappears from the first. But I want to have a Favicon show up for each page.

Please someone help. I have Many more pages to add and duplicate my template from. thanks.

Also adding .web attachment for reference.
    http://future.eyescreamjewelry.com/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Need Help. Duplicated pages Adding Duplicated Html per added page

You have named the placeholder for the fixed body style background code: <head>
    This is the problem.
    Remove the name <head> for that placeholder (on each page) and your problems go away

ok thanks, I will see if that works.

Sledger ok, while I did what you suggested... the problem did go away, except that I had <head> as the Name for placeholders... because it allowed my favicon to appear on each page. Now that I have removed the 'name <head> though the placeholder html is still there... the Favicon No longer appears on each page. Any suggestions to get the favicon working again now that the <head> name has been taking out of the equation?

Actually, I didn't mention to remove the <head> name for the favicon placeholder, only the placeholder for the fixed background code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyescreem.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	64413

ok I will check it... but sorry I assumed when you said "Remove the Name <head> for that placeholder on each page"... that you meant Remove the Name '<head>' from the Placeholders on Each page. I am not html savvy, so I didn't quite understand what you meant. (or else my brain was a bit fried from all the web site work I've been doing that I misinterpreted what was written).

Will try it again in a little while and let you know.
    Thanks for you help.

~

Well I spent a fair bit of time with trouble shooting your particular problem earlier (of course I saved my result) so let's not let it go to waste

I attach it here for you only so that it might be more helpful and clearer than my words.

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thx for the work sledger... though I was able to correct from your other post (without the .web) file... I still opened your file to make sure it wasn't different and that I did it the right way.
    Either way the duplication was fixed, but unfortunately my favicon itself no longer works & I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong or why it stopped. I have been reading other sites on how to attach favicon and then checking out the coding I am using, and even tried a few variations (but I am not html knowledgeable except very basics) so not sure what it should really be... and each site shows something different, so I try different variations. One thing remains, my favicon Is located in the main folder for the site (or at least within the correct one that all state it should be in).
    sigh. back to the drawing board.

~

Your favicon doesn't show because your href= in the favicon line is wrong

You have referrenced:
    http://future.eyescreamjewelry.com/Eyescreamjewelry_RedEyeballFavicon.ico

When it should be:
    http://www.eyescreamjewelry.com/Eyescreamjewelry_RedEyeballFavicon.ico

Remove 'future' and replace with 'www' to see this: http://www.eyescreamjewelry.com/Eyes...allFavicon.ico
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyescream-reply.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	64522  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 August 2009 at 04:47 AM.

Sledger, Thank you so much, ... All Fixed.
    With all my fussing about trying to figure stuff out, I must have changed the Url I used and not noticed. Like I said, I am still learning the basics of html, and sometimes simple things can stare me in the face.
    Anyway, thanks again ... until my next web scenario.
    thx.
    ~